Subject: Small changes in -msg-fmt-08

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:58:00 -0600

I've sent out the post-Last-Call document. It is, as usual, out on my 
Web server until it gets posted. See:

<http://resnick1.qualcomm.com/draft-ietf-drums-msg-fmt-08.txt>

Mostly typographical, grammatical, and simplification recommendations 
by Graham Klyne and Keith Moore, and a couple of other folks. I don't 
think any should be controversial; please send to the DRUMS main list 
if there are. Other than typos and strictly grammatical changes, 
here's the list:

Throughout: Change references from BCP 14 to RFC 2119 and ABNF to RFC 2234
1.2 Clarify last paragraph before the note
2.2: Strike first sentence; Clarify folding note
3.2.3:  Simplify CFWS to *([FWS] comment) [FWS]; Remove 127 from ctext
3.2.5: Remove 127 from qtext
3.2.6: Remove 127 from unstructured; Added utext
3.3: No [FWS] required after day-of-week, year, day; Clarify time 
zone description
3.4: Simplify sentence 2 of "Note:"; Clarify use of named list
3.4.1: Remove 127 from dtext; Clarify domain portion paragraph
3.5: 998 maximum a MUST, not a MAY
3.6.2: Fourth sentence - change "may" to "MAY"; Add to end of Reply description
3.6.3: Clarify reply text in last paragraph before the note
3.6.4: Rewrote In-Reply-To and References discussion (did *not* 
include the bit about removal of long entries or space between ids); 
Added last paragraph
4: Clarify first paragraph; Clarify folding comment
4.1: Added obs-utext
4.3: Rewrote alphabetic time zone text; Clarified last paragraph
4.4: obs-local-part now contains word instead of atom; Added last paragraph
5. Added to first paragraph
Examples: Changed date examples from 1869 to 1969

-- 
Pete Resnick <mailto:[email-masked]>
Eudora Engineering - QUALCOMM Incorporated
Ph: (217)337-6377 or (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102