Subject: Minor edits for smtpupd-12

From: Gregory Neil Shapiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 21:34:04 -0700 (PDT)

In accordance with the procedures for moving forward, I will be mailing out
separate messages for issues I found in reading the document (sorry in
advance for what may appear like a mail bomb).

However, I am going to send all of the typo corrections together in this
single message as I believe they don't need to be tracked, just corrected.
If the chair would prefer otherwise, I will repost.

2.3.5
 "("labels" in DNS terminology [RFC-DNS]"
  - Need closing parenthesis after [RFC-DNS].

2.4
 "(e.g., "TO:" and "to:" in the MAIL command)"
  - Should be RCPT command.

3.5.3 
 "A server MUST NOT return a 220 code in response to a VRFY or EXPN
  command unless it has actually verified the address.  In particular, a
  server MUST NOT return 220 if"
  - The two "220" mentions should be "250".

4.1.2/4.1.3
 - The ABNF comments (';' sections) should line up vertically in the
   definitions for A-d-l and esmtp-value (4.1.2) and IPv6-comp (4.1.3).

4.1.3
 "a standardized "tag" that identifies the address syntax, a space, and the
  address itself,"
  - It's a colon, not a space after the tag.

4.4
 - The ABNF comments should use ';' in comment continuations just as is
   done in other ABNF in the document and should be vertically aligned.
   The definitions which need this fix are Stamp, TCP-info, Addtl-Link, and
   Attdl-Protocol.

4.5.1
 "the domains for which the SMTP s erver"
  - s/s erver/server/

D.3
 - Step 2: There should not be a blank line between "S: 250 OK" and "C: QUIT"