Subject: [16NG] RE: 16ng PS review

From: "Johnston, DJ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:30:44 -0700

Junghoon,

The document reviewing PS-01 is attached.

I have reviewed PS-02 and have no further comments. I'm happy with the
contents.

In the event that the attachment is not attached, the document can be
found at http://www.deadhat.com/16ng_PS_Review.doc

DJ

----
David Johnston. [email-masked] Cell: 503 380 5578, Desk: 503 712
4457
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Junghoon Jee [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 5:39 PM
To: Johnston, DJ
Subject: 16ng PS review

Dear DJ,
Recently, IETF 16ng Problem Statement document is under AD review.
For 16ng folks information, could you send your review of 16ng PS-01 to
the 16ng mailing list?

Best Regards,
Junghoon
_______________________________________________
16NG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/16ng

---

From: "Junghoon Jee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:42:22 +0900

Thank DJ very much!

Junghoon

---

From: "Johnston, DJ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:31:11 -0700

Daniel,

In the 802.16 netman task group and in the 802.16 closing plenary in
Malaga this week it was decided to form an official ad hoc group to have
an internal forum to review the PS and Ethernet documents. 802.16
Members and attendees were updated on the 16ng status, provided with
links to the current documents and encouraged to go and review and
comment on them.

There will (assuming EC approval) be an official liaison letter to that
effect heading your way, since 802.16 approved one.

I've provided my personal input on the Ethernet draft which I still
stand by: Annex A is inappropriate and there are much simpler
architectural reasons for not using MBS to model a bridged Ethernet.
I.E. Having an asymmetric multicast downlink and unicast uplink breaks
the model on which bridging relies.

Regards,
DJ

----
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Park [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:02 PM
To: Junghoon Jee; Johnston, DJ
Cc: Roger B. Marks
Subject: Re: [16NG] RE: 16ng PS review

Thanks DJ and Junghoon for your good job.

DJ, are you taling with Roger if you are at the same location for
802.16 meeting ? Roger said me to search for some experts to go
through this document once again. That's is also what Jari as our
director is thinking about the advancement of this document in IETF.

Roger, if you are also fully happy with DJ's opinion, please let me
and Jari know your judgement to advance this document quickly

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Park

On 9/21/07, Junghoon Jee <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > From: Junghoon Jee [mailto: [email-masked]]