Subject: [67ATTENDEES] The Party's Almost Over (But Not Quite)

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 14:24:58 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Estrada" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, November 7, 2006 1:46 pm
To: [email-masked]
Subject: The Party’s Almost Over (But Not Quite)

We had so much fun in Dallas with IETF@20 events, we decided to take 
advantage of these final days of the celebratory year at IETF67. You 
know, of course, that the first IETF meeting was held here in San  Diego
and now the last one of the 20th anniversary year. Amazing, huh?

**Good Free Stuff and Video Infamy, All at the Same Time**

What could be better? You get to predict, ponder and prognosticate.  And,
you get a free, high quality, very fashionable IETF@20 t-shirt  or cap for
doing these p functions (which I must say, most of you do  *so* very
well.)

If the video dude can tear himself away from the FABULOUS San Diego 
outdoors, he will be around in the afternoon on Tuesday, Wednesday  and
Thursday to film your predictions for the future. Ponder these  questions
or make up your own questions and answers:

Who will have written more than 25 RFCs by 2011?
Who will have attended more than 50 IETF meetings by 2011?
What will be the biggest issue(s) that the IETF will be working on in
2011? Who will be IETF chair?
How many more aquarium socials will there be by 2011?
How many more meetings in Minneapolis by 2011?

Look for the guy with the video camera on Tuesday through Thursday  from
noon until 4pm.  Or more importantly, look for the guy with the  free caps
and t-shirts. I know you want one. They are totally
bomb-diggity. Check the far end of the hall just outside Grande
Ballroom C (down by the piano). This is the hall where the breakfast 
refreshments are each morning (for those of you who get up that early.)

So what becomes of this video, you ask? ISOC will hold on to this 
compilation and play them back in the future, probably in another five
years.

Just do it.  Remember how fun the video was in Dallas?  And, one
other note, the free t's and caps are while they last.  So don't delay.

**I Was On My Way to the Social, and Learned about RFC 3**

Just in case you don't get enough technical substance this week, the 
busses to the social on Tuesday will be playing the first
installations of the ISOC RFC Series videos. Steve Crocker talks
about RFC 3 and RFC 1 and I gotta tell you, it's pretty interesting 
stuff. Really.  I'm not kidding.
The lovely folks at Siemens have offered to play this video on the  bus on
the way to the Social. You'll enjoy it. I swear. We will also  have a
version of this big freaking file on the IETF web site
somewhere and will let you know where RSN.

If you want one of the bus copies for your very own video library,  ask
David McAuley (AKA the ISOC guy with the caps and t-shirts) to  save one
for you. We have 12 copies. Once they are gone, they are gone.

**Miscellany**

IETF@20 Partying is sponsored by ISOC for IETF67.  This is for fun.  None
of your registration fees were used to support these
activities.  And, if you don't want to pay attention to the IETF@20  stuff
because you are busy creating new standards, delete these
messages. And, if you liked it, tell Lynn or David or the other
ISOCers who go to the IETF. And, think about becoming an individual 
member of ISOC. ISOC does a lot of good stuff all over the world. 
Seriously. They really do. Check out the web site if you don't
believe me. You'll be amazed.

PS. Go outside at sunset time if you can and look for the green
flash. With weather like we are having, it is a good opportunity to see it.

PPS:
To all those going to the IETF Social at the aquarium tonight hosted by
Siemens, there will be buses leaving from both towers of the Sheraton -
they start leaving at 7:30 tonight.

_______________________________________________
67ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/67attendees