Subject: Re: [6lo] 6lo usecases?

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 22:21:12 -0500

Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > RFC6568 covers 6 major use cases, industrial monitoring, structural
    > monitoring, Connected Home, Vehicle Telematics, Healthcare,
    > Agricultural Monitoring.

    > And the use cases were basically around the application of 802.15.4,
    > while the 6lo working group is covering diverse types of L2.

    > I can at least envision the use cases such as: Environmental
    > Monitoring, Smart Logistics and Tracking, Energy Management, and etc.

Wearable computing, via BTLE.

-- 
Michael Richardson
-on the road-

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 13:35:54 -0300

Hi,

> On 13 Feb 2014, at 03:32, Samita Chakrabarti <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > Can someone volunteer  and discuss in the mailing list if it covers the
>  6lo usecases as well?
>

*AMI (Advanced Infrastructure metering)  networks could be added to
Connected Home section (3.3), would it be ok?
[draft-ietf-roll-applicability-ami-08]Building Automation should be added
to Connected home (Section 3.3) as
well?[draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building-02]*
*Neighborhood area networks (NAN) are addressed by Smart Grid
[draft-doi-roll-mpl-nan-requirements-00]*

Thanks and Regards,

Ines.