Subject: [6lo] Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-ghc-03.txt> (6LoWPAN Generic Compression of Headers and Header-like Payloads) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 16:13:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document:
- '6LoWPAN Generic Compression of Headers and Header-like Payloads'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-ghc-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This short specification provides a simple addition to 6LoWPAN Header
   Compression that enables the compression of generic headers and
   header-like payloads, without a need to define a new header
   compression scheme for each new such header or header-like payload.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-ghc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-ghc/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.