Subject: [6lo] Please review the HIP DEX ID

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 07:00:50 +0200

Rene has finished our edits of HIP DEX and we feel this version is ready 
for final review.

There are always things that could be added.  Rene has worked on a 
compressed canonical form that just about can fit into an SMS message.  
I have looked at adding a ZBP authentication similar to Dragonfly.  But 
enough is enough; those can be separate documents, along with a specific 
802.15.9 profile that includes HIP-BEX.

HIP DEX is now in the Zigbee profile and referenced in 802.15.9.

HIP DEX can readily be used in a security bootstrap environment, as I 
have spoken about extensively.  I am working with one vendor that is 
implementing a bootstrap structured after this model.

HIP DEX is not part of any workgroup; I will be working with the HIP 
workgroup and the various IDs to see how to quickly move this document 
forward.

Thank you

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Rene Hummen and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-moskowitz-hip-dex
Revision:	04
Title:		HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
Document date:	2015-07-20
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		46
URL:https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04.txt
Status:https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex/
Htmlized:https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04
Diff:https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04

Abstract:
    This document specifies the Host Identity Protocol Diet EXchange (HIP
    DEX), a variant of the Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2).  The
    HIP DEX protocol design aims at reducing the overhead of the employed
    cryptographic primitives by omitting public-key signatures and hash
    functions.  In doing so, the main goal is to still deliver similar
    security properties to HIPv2.

    The HIP DEX protocol is primarily designed for computation or memory-
    constrained sensor/actuator devices.  Like HIPv2, it is expected to
    be used together with a suitable security protocol such as the
    Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP) for the protection of upper layer
    protocol data.  In addition, HIP DEX can also be used as a keying
    mechanism for security primitives at the MAC layer, e.g., for IEEE
    802.15.4 networks.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 16:31:44 +0200

Subir clearified this for me:

ZigBee NAN Spec which is under WG LB.

On 07/22/2015 02:19 PM, Paul Duffy wrote:
> Hi Bob
>
> HIP DEX is now in the "Zigbee profile" ?
>
>
> On 7/22/2015 1:00 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Rene has finished our edits of HIP DEX and we feel this version is 
>> ready for final review.
>>
>> compressed canonical form that just about can fit into an SMS 
>> message.  I have looked at adding a ZBP authentication similar to 
>> Dragonfly.  But enough is enough; those can be separate documents, 
>> along with a specific 802.15.9 profile that includes HIP-BEX.
>>
>> workgroup and the various IDs to see how to quickly move this 
>> document forward.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> 6lo mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo
>