Subject: [6lo] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-6lo-btle-14: (with COMMENT)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 16:51:03 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6lo-btle-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-btle/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also fully support Alissa's discuss points on privacy.

As the draft says, 'when available' for the security and privacy options,
so anything that can be done should be to improve this for IPv6 over
bluetooth.  Having done some testing of the ability to monitor bluetooth,
it can go up to 70' in certain conditions and much less in other
conditions.  We were also able to monitor through windows.  This testing
was done with an earlier bluetooth version monitoring point to point
sessions in various conditions (it was a fun day at work).  People and
their IoT devices are much more exposed than they realize especially
since the security and privacy options hat can be implemented often are
not.  That's just a long way of stating that I support Alissa's discuss.