Subject: [6lo] ESP compression

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:00:57 +0200

Pointers that might help if we want to address ESP compression:

<draft-mglt-6lo-aes-implicit-iv-01.txt>
<draft-mglt-6lo-diet-esp-01.txt>
<draft-mglt-6lo-diet-esp-context-ikev2-extension-02.txt>
<draft-mglt-6lo-diet-esp-payload-compression-01.txt>
<draft-mglt-6lo-diet-esp-requirements-01.txt>

as well as, of course,

RFC 5856
Integration of Robust Header Compression over IPsec Security
Associations. E. Ertekin, R. Jasani, C. Christou, C. Bormann. May 2010.
(Format: TXT=34548 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC5856)

RFC 5857
IKEv2 Extensions to Support Robust Header Compression over IPsec. E.
Ertekin, C. Christou, R. Jasani, T. Kivinen, C. Bormann. May 2010.
(Format: TXT=27063 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI:
10.17487/RFC5857)

RFC 5858
IPsec Extensions to Support Robust Header Compression over IPsec. E.
Ertekin, C. Christou, C. Bormann. May 2010. (Format: TXT=31539 bytes)
(Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC5858)

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Shahid Raza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:45:03 +0200

Plus the following that is just presented in the IETF 93.
draft-raza-6lo-ipsec-01

/Shahid

Sent from my iPhone

> On 23 Jul 2015, at 18:00, Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 6lo mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:49:00 +0200

Of course.  Since your draft does not reference any of the documents I
just listed, I was not sure whether it was informed by them.

Grüße, Carsten

Shahid Raza wrote:
> On 23 Jul 2015, at 18:00, Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Shahid Raza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:55:55 +0200

Ya right. 
We should look at them and come up with a common way that is suitable for 6LoWPAN networks. 

Thanks! 
Shahid

> On 23 Jul 2015, at 18:49, Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 19:08:09 +0200

Particularly if there is field experience with the others.