Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-6lobac-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 15:49:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes of the IETF.

        Title           : Transmission of IPv6 over MS/TP Networks
        Authors         : Kerry Lynn
                          Jerry Martocci
                          Carl Neilson
                          Stuart Donaldson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-6lobac-04.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2016-02-22

Abstract:
   Master-Slave/Token-Passing (MS/TP) is a medium access control method
   for the RS-485 physical layer, which is used extensively in building
   automation networks.  This specification defines the frame format for
   transmission of IPv6 packets and the method of forming link-local and
   statelessly autoconfigured IPv6 addresses on MS/TP networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-6lobac/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-6lobac-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-6lobac-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kerry Lynn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 19:08:07 -0500

Greetings,

Here is the 6LoBAC WGLC candidate.

This proposal now has two independent implementations, Contiki and RIOT,
which were shown to be interoperable at the ETSI 6lo PlugTest following
IETF 94.

I've amended the security section, trying to factor
in draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations
and comments received at the last IETF.

Regarding draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations, I posted a review to this
list
on 11/05/15 that received no discussion.  It is my hope that this I-D will
become
a base reference for 6lo privacy considerations so that individual proposals
will only have to specify how they differ from standard practice.  Please
take
a look at my review and comment (or I can post it again).

Regards, Kerry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 6:49 PM
Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-6lobac-04.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained
Nodes of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
6lo mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo

---

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 02:37:38 +0000

Thanks Kerry for posting the updated document.

We will give about 2 weeks for the WG comments on the privacy considerations section and other editorial changes.

Do we have a volunteer to review Kerry’s document and provide feedback to the list?

Thanks,
-Samita

From: 6lo [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kerry Lynn
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 4:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [6lo] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-6lobac-04.txt

Greetings,

I've amended the security section, trying to factor in draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations
and comments received at the last IETF.

Regarding draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations, I posted a review to this list
on 11/05/15 that received no discussion.  It is my hope that this I-D will become
a base reference for 6lo privacy considerations so that individual proposals
will only have to specify how they differ from standard practice.  Please take
a look at my review and comment (or I can post it again).

Regards, Kerry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 6:49 PM
Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-6lobac-04.txt
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org<http://tools.ietf.org>.

_______________________________________________
6lo mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo