Subject: [6lo] Presentors please send your slides by Sunday

From: Gabriel Montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 00:21:21 +0000

Hi folks,

As Samita informed, here's the agenda for our meeting next Tuesday: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/97/agenda/6lo/

If you're on the agenda, please send any slides you wish to present by Sunday to [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

If you don't intend to use slides, please send a not to that effect.

Thanks,

Gabriel

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 05:54:52 +0900

A few weeks ago I posted about draft-ietf-richardson-6lo-ra-in-ie, which was
a method for storing 6loRH compressed Routing Advertisements in 802.15.4
Information Elements.  The mechanism described would have permitted arbitrary
IPv6 packets to be stored there (it was a general mechanism).

The subsequent discussion in the 6tisch-security design team and with the
6tisch chairs was that:
  1) we would make it very specific to storing Routing Advertisements Options
     only. 
  2) as a result, we can do this work entirely in the 6tisch WG.

---

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 00:31:35 -0800

Hi Michael,

Are you proposing that draft-richardson-6lo-ra-in-ie to be discussed and
standardized at 6tisch only?

If this document deals with sending RA over 6loRH, we would like to
understand its relationship with 6lowpan-ND behavior and whether it is
moving away from 6lowpan base requirements.

Thanks,
-Samita

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 6lo mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo
>
>

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:00:16 +0900

> standardized at 6tisch only?

Yes, that's what I said.

    > understand its relationship with 6lowpan-ND behavior and whether it is moving
    > away from 6lowpan base requirements.

We haven't changed 6lowpan-ND behaviour.
It's just about transporting (multicasting) RA-equivalent information inside
the Enhanced beacon.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-