Subject: Re: [6lo] WG adoption call for draft-sarikaya-6lo-ap-nd-04

From: "samita Chakrabarti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 17:15:40 -0700

We have received many positive responses in support of the draft  and
draft-sarikaya-6lo-ap-nd document is now a WG draft!

Authors , please submit the document as a WG -00 draft after the document
repository opens again.

Cheers,

-6lo-cochairs (Gabriel & Samita)

From: samita Chakrabarti [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 6:15 PM
To: 'lo' <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: WG adoption call for draft-sarikaya-6lo-ap-nd-04

Hello 6lo WG:

We have discussed the following document at the IETF meetings and mailing
list about the use of cryptographic ID to identify one device with a
particular IPv6 address during the Neighbor Discovery Process. The crypto-ID
association is helpful when MAC-ID or EUI-64 ID may not be used.

There has been fair amount of interest in securing the IP-address owner
authentication using this method, in the WG meetings(IETF95).

The co-authors have addressed several WG comments in the 04 version.

The adoption call  starts now and ends on Oct 10th, 2016.

Please provide your opinion with  yes/no  answer and a short explanation for
this adoption call within the deadline.

Thanks and Regards,

-Gabriel and Samita (6lo co-chairs)

> Name:           draft-sarikaya-6lo-ap-nd

> Revision:       04

> Title:          Address Protected Neighbor Discovery for Low-power and
Lossy Networks

> Document date:  2016-08-22

> Group:          Individual Submission

> Pages:          17

> URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-6lo-ap-nd-04.txt

> Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-6lo-ap-nd/

> Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-6lo-ap-nd-04

> Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-6lo-ap-nd-04

> Abstract:

>    This document defines an extension to 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery.

>    This extension is designed for low-power and lossy network

>    environments and it supports multi-hop operation.  Nodes supporting

>    this extension compute a Cryptographically Unique Interface ID and

>    associate it with one or more of their Registered Addresses.  The

>    Cryptographic ID (Crypto-ID) uniquely identifies the owner of the

>    Registered Address.  It is used in place of the EUI-64 address that

>    is specified in RFC 6775.  Once an address is registered with a

>    Cryptographic ID, only the owner of that ID can modify the state

>    information of the Registered Address in the 6LR and 6LBR.