Subject: [6lo] RFC 8065 on Privacy Considerations for IPv6 Adaptation-Layer Mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:56:48 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8065

        Title:      Privacy Considerations for IPv6 
                    Adaptation-Layer Mechanisms 
        Author:     D. Thaler
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22718
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8065

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8065

This document discusses how a number of privacy threats apply to
technologies designed for IPv6 over various link-layer protocols, and
it provides advice to protocol designers on how to address such threats
in adaptation-layer specifications for IPv6 over such links.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC