Subject: [6lo] FYI: Information Session about IOT app performance over Satellite (Monday@6pm)

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 13:48:58 -0700

Maria Rita Palattella is  organising  an *Info session about an ongoing
project which she is leading: M2MSAT* (https://artes.esa.int/projects/m2msat
)
The project, funded by ESA, aims to analyse (both via simulations and in a
real test bed), *the performance of IoT application protocols* (*CoAP* and
MQTT) *when communicating over a satellite link*. IoT networks will be soon
integrated with terrestrial networks in the 5G scenarios, and it is
fundamental to design adaptation/improvement of IoT protocols not
originally designed with the satellite network constrains in mind (link
disruption, high packet loss, etc). The project is currently running
performance evaluation using simulators (OpenSAND, Californium CoAP, MQTT
Mosquito). And also setting up a testbed, where  they may collect IoT data
from OpenMote nodes, running 6TiSCH.
This could be of interest of multiple IOT related groups at IETF.

The information session will be held on *Monday July, 17th at 6pm*, in *Paris
Room (Lobby level, L)* in Hilton Hotel in Prague.

For details, please contact Maria Rita:
Senior R&T Associate
Department 'Environmental Research and Innovation' (ERIN)
Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
41, rue du Brill
L-4422 Belvaux, Grand-duchy of Luxembourg
email: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, tel: +352
275 888-5055