Subject: [6lo] BBR versus rfc6775-update document

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 15:15:06 -0700

Hello folks,

Over the last month I've been reviewing and making editorial suggestions 
for the following three documents:

 1. - draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update

 2. - draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd

 3. - draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router

During the reviews, I had a hard time keeping it straight in my mind 
about which mandates belong where in the documents.  I eventually have 
come to believe that the 6BBR stuff really belongs in document (3) and 
the underlying parts of the extended registration specification belongs 
in document (1) -- where they are now.

So I asked Pascal about that, and Pascal said the ship had sailed.

Then I asked Suresh about it, and Suresh said it was too late.

So that's too bad.  But I had another idea.  Maybe we SHOULD anyway 
locate all of the 6BBR material in document number 3, where it belongs, 
and just arrange things so that document 3 *updates* document 1 whenever 
document 3 can finally be published.

Or, alternatively, my forlorn hope would be that I could rearrange the 
text according to the suggestion above within the next week or so, and 
avoid the temporary mislocation of the 6BBR mandates.  Before doing so, 
it would be required for me to identify the texts to be moved on this 
mailing list so as to be very specific about the task at hand.  Maybe a 
few more days detour in May, 2018, but maybe a lot easier time for 
future implementers of these important specifications.

Thanks for your consideration of my request!

Regards,
Charlie P.