Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 09:12:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Backbone Router
        Authors         : Pascal Thubert
                          Charles E. Perkins
                          Eric Levy-Abegnoli
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-09.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2018-12-05

Abstract:
   Backbone Routers are RFC8505 Routing Registrars that provide proxy
   services for IPv6 Neighbor Discovery.  Backbone Routers federate
   multiple wireless Links over a Backbone Link to form a MultiLink
   Subnet.  Backbone Routers placed along the wireless edge of the
   Backbone handle IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, and route packets on behalf
   of registered nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 17:25:41 +0000

Dear all:

This is a major editorial in preparation for the WGLC. We have cleaned up and restructured the overview quite a bit to give all the high level operations in one place and a single time in what is now section 3. Doing so, we have added flows (sections 3.1 and 3.2) to represent the hub and spoke access (e.g., Wi-Fi or BLE) vs. the mesh (e.g., 6TiSCH). The ODAD text was enriched to explain how to get immediate connectivity (there is a use case at IEEE called FILS that needs that). The detailed operation (now section 6) was not changed. Eric was added as an author for his help so now there is Eric, Charlie and myself. I expect we'll post another revision after a deeper review of section 6, and Charlie's editorial refinements, and then we'll ask for the last call.

All the best,

Pascal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: 6lo <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: mercredi 5 décembre 2018 18:13
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-09.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 6lo mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo