Subject: [6lo] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC8505 (5557)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 09:34:09 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8505,
"Registration Extensions for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Neighbor Discovery".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5557

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Devin Edmison <[email-masked]>

Section: Abstract

Original Text
-------------
This specification updates RFC 6775 -- the Low-Power Wireless
   Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Neighbor Discovery specification --
   to clarify the role of the protocol as a registration technique and
   simplify the registration operation in 6LoWPAN routers, as well as to
   provide enhancements to the registration capabilities and mobility
   detection for different network topologies, including the Routing
   Registrars performing routing for host routes and/or proxy Neighbor
   Discovery in a low-power network.

Corrected Text
--------------
This specification updates RFC 6775 -- the Low-Power Wireless
   Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Neighbor Discovery specification --
   to clarify the role of the protocol as a registration technique,
   to simplify the registration operation in 6LoWPAN routers, and to
   provide enhancements to the registration capabilities and mobility
   detection for different network topologies, including the Routing
   Registrars performing routing for host routes and/or proxy Neighbor
   Discovery in a low-power network.

Notes
-----
Change wording to flow in a smooth way.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8505 (draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update-21)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Registration Extensions for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Neighbor Discovery
Publication Date    : November 2018
Author(s)           : P. Thubert, Ed., E. Nordmark, S. Chakrabarti, C. Perkins
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG