Subject: [6lo] Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-12.txt> (Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Near Field Communication) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 04:25:44 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document: -
'Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Near Field Communication'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Near field communication (NFC) is a set of standards for smartphones
   and portable devices to establish radio communication with each other
   by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no
   more than 10 cm.  NFC standards cover communications protocols and
   data exchange formats, and are based on existing radio-frequency
   identification (RFID) standards including ISO/IEC 14443 and FeliCa.
   The standards include ISO/IEC 18092 and those defined by the NFC
   Forum.  The NFC technology has been widely implemented and available
   in mobile phones, laptop computers, and many other devices.  This
   document describes how IPv6 is transmitted over NFC using 6LowPAN
   techniques.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-nfc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-nfc/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2653/