Subject: Re: [6lo] WG last call on draft-ietf-6lo-blemesh-04

From: "Bilhanan Silverajan (TAU)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 14:04:12 +0000

Hi all,

I read the draft and I think this is an important work particularly to 
extend RFC 7668 from its existing star topology. I have the following 
comments:

* In several places, the phrase "IPv6 over mesh networks composed of BLE 
links" is used. In others, the phrase "IPv6 mesh over Bluetooth LE" is 
used, while I also discovered "IPv6-enabled mesh of Bluetooth LE links". 
I think the authors should settle on one phrase (my preference would be 
"IPv6 mesh over BLE links") to avoid confusion that the draft is about 
deploying IPv6 over the recently standardised BLE mesh technology.

* Section 1 has the following sentence: "However, subsequent Bluetooth 
specifications allow the formation of extended topologies [BTCorev4.1], 
such as the mesh
    topology." What extended topologies from the BT Core document are 
relevant for the mesh described in this document, which didn't exist 
when RFC 7668 became available? If none, I suggest removing this 
sentence (and perhaps avoiding the issue mentioned in the next bullet 
point).

* Bluetooth SIG deprecated the Bluetooth Core Specification 4.1 
mentioned in the previous point was very recently (actually, yesterday). 
Perhaps this should be taken into account?

Otherwise the draft is in good shape and is ready for submission to IESG.

Best regards,

Bill