Subject: [6lo] Eric Rescorla's Discuss on draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-13: (with DISCUSS)

From: Eric Rescorla via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 21:20:20 -0700

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-13: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-nfc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am unable to adequately review this document because the first normative
reference and hence this DISCUSS is incomplete (ordinarily this would conflict
with the DISCUSS guidelines, but I believe it is necessary in this case).

   [LLCP-1.3]
              "NFC Logical Link Control Protocol version 1.3", NFC Forum
              Technical Specification , March 2016.

Does not appear to be publicly available (the web site contains a single-page
PDF which reads in part "To view the complete specification, go to
http://nfc-forum.org/our-
work/specifications-and-application-documents/specifications/nfc-forum-
technical-specifications/. Complete the license agreement, and then download
the specification."). Please supply an unencumbered specification and then I
can rereview.

I have read S 3.4 repeatedly, but am unable to work out the mapping of an IPv6
datagram to LLCP. Please provide a diagram that shows how this works and then
perhaps I can assist you with the text.