Subject: [6lowapp] Smart Grid Bar Bof at IETF 76

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:47:00 +0100

Please see the attached from Security AD (and NIST employee) Tim Polk. If
this is something that would be of direct interest to you, please consider
completing the Doodle poll.

Thanks,
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
 From: "Polk, William T." <[email-masked]>
To: "Fred Baker" <[email-masked]>; "David R Oran" <[email-masked]>; "Richard
 Shockey" <[email-masked]>; "Russ Housley" <[email-masked]>;
 "Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked]>; "Sean Turner" <[email-masked]>; "Paul
 Hoffman" <[email-masked]>; "Henning Schulzrinne"
<[email-masked]>; "Phil Roberts" <[email-masked]>;
 <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Hiroshi Esaki"
 <[email-masked]>; "Michael Dillon" <[email-masked]>; "Brian 
E
 Carpenter" <[email-masked]>; "Ralph Droms" <[email-masked]>;
 "Michael Dillon" <[email-masked]>; "IESG IESG" <[email-masked]>;
 "IAB IAB" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Peny Yang"
 <[email-masked]>
Cc: "St. Pierre, James A." <[email-masked]>; "Dodson, Donna F."
 <[email-masked]>; "Su, David H." <[email-masked]>; "Golmie, Nada
 T." <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 2:45 AM
Subject: Doodle poll: Smart Grid Bar Bof at IETF 76

Folks,

I would like to organize a BAR BOF at IETF 76 in Hiroshima to discuss the US
Smart Grid effort.  IETF protocols will be an important component of a
 successful and evolutionary Smart Grid, and NIST is looking to the IETF for
 leadership. To enable participation by NIST/ITL Management, I would like to
 hold the BAR BOF either Wednesday or Thursday night.

 NIST attendees will provide some background/history of the Smart Grid
 efforts but the primary goal of this session is to determine whether there
 is sufficient interest in the community to take on work in this area. If
 there is interest, scoping of appropriate IETF contributions, and 
strategies
 for organizing the response would also be fruitful topic areas.

 I am sending this email directly to any IETFers that have (to my knowledge)
 previously indicated interest in Smart Grid.  I am also sending this 
message
 to the IESG, IAB, [email-masked], and [email-masked] email lists.
 Please feel free to forward this email to anyone else that you think I may
 have missed.

 If you are interested in attending the BOF, please indicate your preference
 using the following doodle poll:

      http://www.doodle.com/q5nusbhpqfnf75yh

 Thanks,

 Tim Polk