Subject: [6lowapp] Some high-level thoughts on service discovery (draft-manner-6lowapp-sdnd-00)

From: Jukka Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:55:12 +0300

Hi,

I managed to put some of my own thoughts on service discovery into a 
draft and submitted that yesterday. The basic idea is to reuse the ND 
work and extend that to carry also service information (and add a 
lookup/reply functionality).

More info in the draft.

cheers,
Jukka

-------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-manner-6lowapp-sdnd-00.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Jukka Manner and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-manner-6lowapp-sdnd
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Coupling of Service and Neighbor Discovery in 6LowPAN
Creation_date:	 2009-10-19
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 7

Abstract:
Finding out functionality, nodes or services, in general resources,
in a network has a number of well-known solutions.  A sensor network
has inherent limitations and requires a solution that has a low
footprint and follows the networking concepts defined within 6LoWPAN.
This draft discusses two alternative solutions to service discovery
in a sensor network.  Both approaches are based on the 6LowPAN
Neighbor Discovery.