Subject: [6lowpan] #49: Next-hop determination

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:12:22 -0000

#49: Next-hop determination
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 This can be simplified further. The nd-04 use of the neighbor cache was
 broken.

 - Link-local (FE80::) always is sent on the interface.
 - Global, anycast and multicast are always sent to the default router.

 This is compatible with removal of the neighbor cache from ticket #48 as
 it is no longer needed for next-hop determination.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/49>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:21:42 -0000

#49: Next-hop determination
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Done in nd-05. Neighbor cache and destination cache no longer needed.

 Included the possibility (MAY) for performing address resolution on the
 host-router interface using existing caches, for networks that for some
 reason need that. Thus relaxed the requirement for IID to link-layer
 address mapping, although true for vast majority of 6LoWPAN networks.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/49#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>