Subject: [6tisch] TestSpecification for 6TiSCH PlugTests v0.2

From: Maria Rita PALATTELLA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:31:42 +0000

Dear all,

please find attached a first draft of the TestSpecifications for the 6TiSCH PlugTest.

We hope it gives a first idea of the scope of the event, and we look forward to receiving your feedbacks.

Thank you,
6TiSCH PlugTests team

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 17:01:37 -0400

Thank you for this initial document.

I'm reading the document PDF: any chance you can post URLs for the document,
as that makes my reading list manager easier? Sure, I can find the URL
of the file attachment from the mail archives, and point my reader at
that,...  Even better if you can just post this as an Internet Draft...

Can the tests in section 4.4 be numbered?

It starts to get interesting at part 4.4, I see the first test as being:
   Synchronization on EB

I see that one is going to attach probes of an oscilloscope to the golden
device, which will operate as the DAGroot.... I'm a little shocked by that.
I would think that the device would have a serial ("craft") console of some
kind, reachable by TTL interface.
None of the devices I'm bringing will have "OSC" pins, but all have some way
of getting debug output, even if it requires me to solder a header on.

I read through the tests, and had some small comments on the ones that are
more filled in, but I think it's premature to care too much.

As far as I can see everything before 4.4 is boilerplate.

I would think that the process at the plugfest would be something on the
order of:
      0) unpack and verify operation of devices under test with self.

      1) visit network sniffer "cage", and verify that the sniffer can
         "hear" some traffic (any traffic) from the device under test.
         That might require the DUT operate with "self"

      2) visit EB "cage", and verify that DUT can hear EB to synchronize,
         and that it emits something useful.

      3) visit DODAG root "cage", and verify that DUT can do a basic
         DIO/DAO in Aloha slots.

      4) bigger trees, etc.

I write "cage", because I think that we will seriously need some radio opaque
rooms/spaces/dividers in order be able to get work done.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Xavier Vilajosana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 05:07:41 +0200

Hi Michael,

I let Maria Rita answer some of your questions, Only for that:

"I write "cage", because I think that we will seriously need some radio
opaque
rooms/spaces/dividers in order be able to get work done."

It is a good point and something that we need to think carefully. We
thought to have attenuators so we can build the "virtual" cages. Do your
devices have sma antenna connector? We will need to plan carefully on this.

thanks for your comments!
X

2015-04-28 23:01 GMT+02:00 Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch
>
>