Subject: [6tisch] SF in the terminology draft (draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology-07)

From: Yasuyuki Tanaka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 14:28:30 +0100

Hi all,

I'd suggest updating the explanation of SF in order to reflect what
SF really does. Here is the current test for SF:

    SF:         The "6top Scheduling Function" (SF) is the policy inside
                the "6TiSCH Operation Sublayer" (6top) which decides when
                to add/remove cells.  General guidelines for designing a
                SF are provided in [I-D.wang-6tisch-6top-protocol].

SF does more than just deciding when to add/remove cells. How does the
following text sound? I got some hints from Section 4.2.2 of the
architecture draft:

    The "6top Scheduling Function" (SF) the cell management entity that
    allocates or deallocates cells dynamically based on its allocation
    policy in order to fulfill cell requirements. Its cell negotiation
    with a neighbor is done with use of 6P. General guidelines for
    designing a SF are provided in [draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol].

That's just my two cents...

Best,
Yatch