Subject: [6tisch] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 09:10:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e WG of the IETF.

        Title           : 6tisch Zero-Touch Secure Join protocol
        Authors         : Michael Richardson
                          Benjamin Damm
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-02.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2018-04-30

Abstract:
   This document describes a Zero-touch Secure Join (ZSJ) mechanism to
   enroll a new device (the "pledge") into a IEEE802.15.4 TSCH network
   using the 6tisch signaling mechanisms.  The resulting device will
   obtain a domain specific credential that can be used with either
   802.15.9 per-host pair keying protocols, or to obtain the network-
   wide key from a coordinator.  The mechanism describe here is an
   augmentation to the one-touch mechanism described in
   [I-D.ietf-6tisch-minimal-security], and a constrained version of
   [I-D.ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 12:26:32 -0400

> [I-D.ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra].

This document tries align itself section for section
with draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-15.

The notable changes compared to -01 is that all of the actual voucher
definitions (YANG, trees, CBOR,etc.) have been moved to
   draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher

which is presently in an WG Adoption call:
   https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/anima/current/msg03521.html

Here is a section-by-section diff of this document against BRSKI.
It might not be very interesting except to compare the Table of Contents.
   https://goo.gl/21J3Ga

There are still numerous sections which are TBD.
Some of them MAY ultimately wind up empty.

I am looking for advice:  should such empty sections be removed, or should
they say, "No difference from BRSKI"?

The major bikeshed question is the "ZSJ" acronym I just made up.
(SJZ would be be easier to pronounce)

There are also some EDHOC mechanicals which I'm unclear about at this point,
and I'm trying to get clarified.

    > _______________________________________________
    > 6tisch mailing list
    > [email-masked]
    > https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch

-- 
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-