Subject: [6tisch] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime-01.txt

From: Xavi Vilajosana Guillen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 06:01:20 +0200

Hi,

we just published a new version of the draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime.
This version addresses the received comments in the ML as well as the
feedback received at the previous IETF meeting. Mainly, eliminates the
option of having a third party absolute time reference server as this
requires extended security mechanisms. We also accomodate the format of the
global time options to the new format presented in the minimal security
draft (v6) based on CBOR dictionaries.

regards
Xavi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2018-06-20 5:49 GMT+02:00
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime-01.txt
To: Jonathan Munoz <[email-masked]>, Xavier Vilajosana <
[email-masked]>, Pere Tuset <[email-masked]>, Borja Martinez <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Xavier Vilajosana and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime
Revision:       01
Title:          Global Time Distribution in 6TiSCH Networks
Document date:  2018-06-19
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          10
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vilajosana-
6tisch-globaltime-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vilajosana-6tisch-
globaltime/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vilajosana-6tisch-
globaltime-01
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-vilajosana-
6tisch-globaltime
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vilajosana-6tisch-
globaltime-01

Abstract:
   This specification defines an optional extension to the Constrained
   Join Protocol (CoJP) defined by the Minimal Security Framework for
   6TiSCH.  The extension aims at providing global time distribution
   support so nodes in the 6TiSCH network can exploit global time
   information instead of relying only in relative network time based on
   the Absolute Sequence Number (ASN).  The specification also defines a
   mechanism for resynchronization, to handle leap seconds or to enable
   periodic global time updates relying on a CoAP service.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Dr. Xavier Vilajosana
Wireless Networks Lab

*Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3)Professor*
(+34) 646 633 681
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
http://xvilajosana.org
http://wine.rdi.uoc.edu
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia
Av Carl Friedrich Gauss 5, B3 Building
08860 Castelldefels (Barcelona). Catalonia. Spain