Subject: [6tisch] comments to the “Minimal Security Framework for 6TiSCH” document

From: Xavi Vilajosana Guillen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 17:36:52 +0200

Hi,

I reviewed the ”Minimal Security Framework for 6TiSCH” document.

Here some comments that have not been mentioned by others.

1) I miss some section describing how errors are handled at the cbor level.
This is what if the received Configuration option is wrong, e.g there is an
element in the map with an unsupported value.
Or even what if the Join Request contains a wrong role number?. Would be
good to mention what are the actions taken by the JRC upon receiving a Join
Request with an incorrect CBOR element. Also from the
pledge point of view, what if the Join Response contains an unsupported
parameter. I guess the same will apply for Update Request, from the 6N
point of view.

2) The JRC is the origin of Parameter Update Requests which may contain for
example rekeying material or a new short address. The draft needs to
describe what happens if the destination 6N is not reachable.
I understand that there will be a timeout and possibly will retry later or
do not try anymore (this has to be stated).
What if the node is no more in the network? when the JRC will stop sending
the short address updates? When it will remove that node from its
"database"?

kind regards
Xavi
-- 
Dr. Xavier Vilajosana
Wireless Networks Lab

*Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3)Professor*
(+34) 646 633 681
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
http://xvilajosana.org
http://wine.rdi.uoc.edu
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia
Av Carl Friedrich Gauss 5, B3 Building
08860 Castelldefels (Barcelona). Catalonia. Spain