Subject: [71attendees] Free HP Photo Printing in Terminal Room

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:26:48 -0500

When we were planning IETF 71, we realized that when we travel to IETF
meetings ourselves we often have a digtal camera.  This is especially
the case when we travel overseas, as so many attendees of IETF 71 are.
So we got to thinking it might be cool to be able to print photos at the
IETF meeting itself, rather than back at home.  So since we're in charge
of sponsoring IETF 71, we decided to do something about that!  :-)

Thanks to HP, our business partner in releasing Comcast SmartZone, there
will be free digital photo printing available in the terminal room.
There will be two HP Photosmart A826 printers located in that room,
along with sufficient photo paper and ink to print approximately 2,400
high-quality digital pictures.

See you in Philly!

Jason Livingood
Comcast

PS - Specs on the printer are available at
http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/Q8550A%2523ABA/1
?jumpid=in_r329_personalization/browse3/home_PDP
_______________________________________________
71attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/71attendees

---

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:27:01 -0500

The two photo printers are now setup in the terminal room, next to one
of the laser printers.  

There are lots of extra paper and ink supplies stacked behind the
printers, as well as in the cabinet underneath the printers.  So if the
ink or paper should run out, just pop in another cartridge or add paper.
If you cannot figure out how to do this, the unit has a large LCD screen
and there is on-screen help.

I will be checking by a few times a day to ensure these are working and
supplied.

Enjoy!
Jason 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Livingood, Jason 
> Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 3:27 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Free HP Photo Printing in Terminal Room
> 
> When we were planning IETF 71, we realized that when we 
> travel to IETF meetings ourselves we often have a digtal 
> camera.  This is especially the case when we travel overseas, 
> as so many attendees of IETF 71 are.  So we got to thinking 
> it might be cool to be able to print photos at the IETF 
> meeting itself, rather than back at home.  So since we're in 
> charge of sponsoring IETF 71, we decided to do something 
> about that!  :-)
> 
> Thanks to HP, our business partner in releasing Comcast 
> SmartZone, there will be free digital photo printing 
> available in the terminal room.  There will be two HP 
> Photosmart A826 printers located in that room, along with 
> sufficient photo paper and ink to print approximately 2,400 
> http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/Q8550A
> %2523ABA/1?jumpid=in_r329_personalization/browse3/home_PDP
>

---

From: "Arnoud van Wijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:12:13 -0400

Well that is a great idea and quite generous!
Now let's pray that we are not printing 500 photos per person here. :-)

/Arnoud

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Livingood, Jason
Sent: vrijdag 7 maart 2008 15:27
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [71attendees] Free HP Photo Printing in Terminal Room

See you in Philly!

Jason Livingood
Comcast

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:59:39 -0400

> high-quality digital pictures.

Unfortunately my camera died on Sunday morning, so I haven't had the  
opportunity to take any pictures until last night, when the  
replacement arrived from Amazon at my hotel. (Got to love that weak  
dollar!)

This morning, I went straight into the terminal room to print a few  
photos, and they look absolutely great, many thanks to Comcast and HP  
for providing the printers. Maybe next time mention they're not  
connected to the network, though, that would have saved me some  
time.  :-)

Iljitsch