Subject: [71attendees] IETF 71: Thumbs up

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:23:18 -0700 (PDT)

OK, a bunch of things about this IETF:

1) I'm typically aggravated by the traffic on this list as it is often 
dominated by people not having a good time for one reason or another, and 
some of those reasons in the past have been (IMO) downright petty.  This 
time it's been far better, possibly because the conference went far more 
smoothly than past ones but I hope it's also because people have kept some 
of that negativity to themselves.  Good show!

2) The social was awesome.  A big "+1" from me in response to the earlier 
thread that also contained kudos, and for all the same reasons.  I've 
heard people say "best since Paris/London"; alas, I was not at those, and 
I'm jealous of those of you that were, but I'm very pleased with this one.

3) The location is great.  The hotel staff has been very helpful, the 
rooms are quite nice, the facilities are great, the neighbourhood around 
the hotel is safe and enjoyable and contains lots of useful stuff and cool 
places to eat within walking distance.  Hotel construction has hardly been 
noticeable and at least from my perspective hasn't impacted the conference 
at all.

4) The network service was quite good, very reliable.  I think Prague 
beats it though in that the conference wireless was even available in the 
rooms, but the coverage of free in-room Internet in our group rate is 
quite acceptable.

5) I like cookies.

Keep up the good work, everyone!  See you all in Dublin,

-MSK
_______________________________________________
71attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/71attendees

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 07:39:36 -0700 (PDT)

> OK, a bunch of things about this IETF:

One other thing:

6) Our hosts did a terrific job, not only of setting up the social, but 
having a person with local knowledge monitoring this list, answering 
questions and offering useful local suggestions for stuff.  It was 
unmatched in my (somewhat limited) IETF experience.  Well done!
_______________________________________________
71attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/71attendees