Subject: [72attendees] where to get a cellphone unlocked

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:43:48 +0100

I grabbed a prepaid Vodafone SIM card at the airport not realizing the 
phone I have was locked to the original network - Virgin Mobile 
operating in France.  I thought only USA operators locked their phones...

Anyone know of a cellphone shop that can unlock the phone for me?  I 
doubt there is one around here, I suppose I'll have to look in Dublin.  
Or DIY method?  I have both SIMs.

Thanks. 

-- 
Ed Jankiewicz - SRI International
Fort Monmouth Branch Office - IPv6 Research 
Supporting DISA Standards Engineering Branch
732-389-1003 or  [email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
72attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/72attendees

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:46:26 -0700

> operating in France.  I thought only USA operators locked their phones...

Normally that's something you can ask the carrier who locked the phone 
to do if you are a customer in good-standing. Failing that you're mostly 
in the space of device specifc hacks and the services of phone pie-rats.