Subject: Re: [72attendees] Visa issue

From: Laird Popkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 17:59:44 -0400 (EDT)

Wow, it's fantastic to hear from you! I will be in Dublin, and I would love to get together. I will be there from Monday until Thursday, and aside from the ALTO and TANA BOF's (on Tuesday and Thursday). What's the best way to contact you?

Are you still working with the IETF and ICANN?

- Laird Popkin, CTO, Pando Networks
  mobile: 646/465-0570

----- Original Message -----
From: "John C Klensin" <[email-masked]>
To: "Laird Popkin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:38:34 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: [72attendees] Visa issue

--On Wednesday, 23 July, 2008 17:03 -0400 Laird Popkin
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> We don't work that way. :-)
> 
> - Laird Popkin, CTO, Pando Networks
>   mobile: 646/465-0570

Laird,

Didn't realize you were following the IETF list.  If you are
actually coming to Dublin, please try to find me and say hello.

I gave Lloyd a slightly different answer, offlist.  It contained
some snide comment about January 20... whether the economy got
better or worse in between was largely irrelevant during the
interim.  :-(

   john

_______________________________________________
72attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/72attendees

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:12:44 +0100

At Wednesday 23/07/2008 17:59 -0400, Laird Popkin wrote:

>some snide comment about January 20... 

...which must be some US thing kind of like 23 August.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:46:30 -0400

> ...which must be some US thing kind of like 23 August.

Yes, some US thing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inauguration_day

180 days to go....

Barry