Subject: Re: [72attendees] Hotel performance ....

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:25:43 +0100

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:12:45PM +0100, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> 
> Yesterday in the social, it took me 40 minutes to reach the food ... This
> morning the breakfast line was over 15 minutes, and right now, I waited
> almost 25 minutes to get a sandwich. Really not acceptable service, I hope
> they can radically improve it by tomorrow, I don't think we have so many
> extra minutes to wait in the queues and never have seen this long waiting
> time in any previous IETF.

It seems it's impossile to sit down and just get served from a menu;  you
have to have sandwiches or a carvery, no other option.   Breakfast was
also rather limited, compared to previous IETF hotels.

I appreciate it's tricky to cater for large numbers of people, but other
IETF hotels have managed to just run their usual restuarants and give 
people more choice, and a higher quality.

The other problem here of course is lack of choice outside the hotel; just
one bistro within quick walking distance.

Can't dispute the views and surroundings are top notch though :)

Tim
_______________________________________________
72attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/72attendees

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:14:55 -0700 (PDT)

The area upstairs where the reception was last night was also used 
today to serve sandwiches etc for lunch today and they had several 
paralell queues in operation and it seemed to wor just fine. Also
arriving early for breakfast presented no problems at around 0740
if memory serves me right.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj