Subject: [72attendees] Self-service laundry

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 09:06:48 -0700

Since my family and I have been traveling for a week or so prior to 
IETF, we were hoping we would find some laundry services here.  
Unfortunately, the services here at the hotel are rather expensive, and 
they don't have a self-service facility.

Does anyone know of a self-service or other modestly priced laundry nearby?

-Jim
_______________________________________________
72attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/72attendees

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:10:16 -0400

> Does anyone know of a self-service or other modestly priced laundry nearby?

Funny you should ask that.  The nearest Laundrette I could find is in
Tallaght.  It's a pay-by-the-load (or by the kg -- I'm not 100% sure).
You drop it off in the morning and they wash/dry/fold and you pick it up
in the evening.  But unfortunately it's in Tallaght.

I haven't actually USED them yet so I cannot vouch for their service,
but I was planning to use White Wash.  http://whitewash-laundry.com/

I was planning to go over there tomorrow morning.

> -Jim

-derek

-- 
Derek Atkins
Principal Software Engineer

PGP Corporation
4 Farragut Ave
Somerville, MA  02144

+1 617 623 3745 | [email-masked]

PGP Corporation -- Rest Secured.(TM)

PGP Fingerprint:
0FEE 5EA1 FF22 E0C9 4FFE
631A 9232 FF93 1C80 1DB7

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any
attachments thereto.

---

From: Cheryl Madson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 09:23:56 -0700

I've noticed a wash place in Rathcoole. This is in a strip
mall that also has a dry cleaner a few doors down. AFAIR
it's on Fitzmaurice Road.

They were closed yesterday, so no idea about prices, etc.

thx - C

-- 
Cheryl Madson
STG - IOS Crypto Infrastructure
Cisco Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
72attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/72attendees

---

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:00:28 -0400

Jim,

There was a small business labeled Laundrette in the village just up the
road (right out of the main gate for about a 5 minute walk).

-andy

---

From: Janet P Gunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:06:25 -0400

I saw the sign, but I couldn't find the actual laundry.
Janet

Computer Sciences Corporation 
Registered Office: 3170 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Virginia 22042, 
USA
Registered in Nevada, USA No: C-489-59

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please 
delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in 
delivery. 
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to 
any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement 
or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such 
purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Newton <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
07/28/2008 01:00 PM

To
Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
Re: [72attendees] Self-service laundry

Jim,

-andy

---

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 05:34:39 -0700

Thanks for the responses on laundries.

Some info:

I visited The Laundry Basket, Unit 8, Rathcoole Shopping Center in 
Rathcoole (phone:  4588777).  They are open from 8:30 am to 6 pm, and 
they can do your laundry and return it the same day if it's there by 
noon.  It's about a 20 minute walk from the hotel.  10 euros for a small 
bag, priced by weight for larger loads.

Approximate location:
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=53.281595&lon=-6.465617&zoom=18

Another suggestion was White Wash Laundry in Tallaght, 
http://whitewash-laundry.com/.  Not walkable as I understand it.

-Jim

Jim Fenton wrote:
> Unfortunately, the services here at the hotel are rather expensive, 
> and they don't have a self-service facility.
>