Subject: [72attendees] Warning: check your bill upon checkout

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 19:20:50 +0100

Make sure to *carefully* check each item on your CityWest hotel bill.

I had two bar tabs added to mine, and even though the name on the  
receipts clearly wasn't mine, they were extremely reluctant to correct  
them at the front desk when I checked out of the hotel (she took one  
off, but failed to take the associated gratuity off as well; when I  
challenged this, she said "but that's the tip for the beer," whereupon  
I pointed out that it's difficult to tip for a beer that you haven't  
bought or consumed. She ended up printing out four copies of the bill  
before getting it right.)

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham       [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
72attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/72attendees

---

From: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:43:18 +0100

Using "view your bill" on my in-room TV, it seems they charged someone 
else's lunch to my room, then removed it again.

However it's difficult to work out exactly what was charged when, 
because the items are displayed in a random order that's only loosely 
based on the transaction date.

P.

Mark Nottingham wrote:

> challenged this, she said "but that's the tip for the beer," whereupon I 
> pointed out that it's difficult to tip for a beer that you haven't 

-- 
Paul Aitken
Cisco Systems Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland.
_______________________________________________
72attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/72attendees