Subject: [73all] Delays

From: All IETF 73 Attendees <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:24:54 -0800

Many of you have commented that you are experiencing delays when  
attempting to upload I-Ds, meeting materials or in general do much of  
anything on the IETF website right now. I want to let you know that  
the problem is neither here at the Hilton nor back at the AMS offices  
in Fremont but is instead occurring in transit when using IPv6,  
because an intermediary transit provider is dropping anything bigger  
than 1452 bytes. The NOC is currently working on a way to address the  
issue generally,  but, in the meantime, there are two things that you  
can do if you are experiencing delays and/or other problems:

1) You can temporarily disable IPv6 on your computer, or
2) You can lower the MTU (maximum transmission unit) settings so that  
the packet size is smaller

I realize these are not ideal choices, but they are best options we  
have at the moment. As soon as the situation is resolved, I will let  
everyone know.

Regards,
Alexa
-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

_______________________________________________
73All mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/73all