Subject: [75all] Spotify & Peerialism to Speak on P2P +

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 03:56:22 -0400

Reminder:
1. Spotify & Peerialism to Speak on P2P
2. IAOC Office Hours
3. NomCom Office Hours

1. Spotify & Peerialism to Speak on P2P

   Seating: limited to 500

   Thursday 30 July 1200 - 1300 in Kongresshall A.
   Audio:  http://feed.verilan.com/ietf/p2p.m3u  (turned on just prior  
to event)
   Presentations, when available: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/75/p2p-presentations
   Food:  You can bring food into Kongresshall A

Spotify (http://www.spotify.com/en/) is a service with which you can  
listen (streaming, like radio) to any music you want from their large  
archive of licensed music.  It combines streaming from central servers  
with a P2P protocol, and Gunnar Kreitz has been working with the  
protocol design. Gunnar will himself talk, and give you an insight in  
how Spotify really works.

Peerialism (http://www.peerialism.se/) is a company working with large  
scale distribution and storage over P2P networks.  "P2P 2.0 and it's  
impact on the Internet" - Andreas Dahlström, CTO and co-founder of  
Peerialism.  Andreas Dahlström will talk about a new breed of P2P  
protocols to create structured P2P 2.0 networks which enable a whole  
new set of possibilities compared to P2P 1.0.

2. IAOC Office Hours

	Room 403: 1610 - 1630

3. NomCom Office Hours
   NomCom room (204) as follows
   Thurs: 11:30am-1pm
   Fri: 8-9am