Subject: [80attendees] Prague Half Marathon

From: Vladimir Smotlacha <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 09:57:12 +0200

Dear all,

in case you stay in Prague on Saturday and plan any sightseeing, you 
should know that due to Prague Half Marathon, there will be limited 
public transport in center of Prague till 3 pm. It concerns mainly tram 
lines on both banks.

The event has web page http://www.praguemarathon.com/en.

The limitation does not concern metro lines.  So, both standard routes 
to airport (line B to "Zlicin"+ bus 100 and line A to "Dejvicka" + bus 
119) will not be affected.

regards,
	Vladimir Smotlacha

---

From: Paul Coverdale <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:14:44 +0200

Good. I didn't want to have to do the half-marathon to the airport, with my
suitcase on my back...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Vladimir Smotlacha
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 9:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [80attendees] Prague Half Marathon

Dear all,

regards,
	Vladimir Smotlacha

_______________________________________________
80attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/80attendees

---

From: Vladimir Smotlacha <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 11:03:24 +0200

Paul,

the area of Prague castle (and Lesser town as well) is not directly 
effected, however tram line 22 which is often used by Castle visitors is 
affected - it can't cross the river and is split to two parts.

I suggest you to take metro line A to Malostranska station - there you 
can either change to tram 22 or walk to the Castle using Old Castle 
Stairs ("Stare zamecke schody" in Czech)

Detailed information about public transport that I found, are in Czech 
only:
http://www.praguemarathon.com/images/stories/articles/files/11hm/MHD_HM_2011.pdf

regards,
	Vladimir

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 11:28:26 +0200

What time to the changes start? Is an early morning (around 0545) taxi ride likely to be affected?

On Apr 1, 2011, at 11:03 AM, Vladimir Smotlacha <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Paul,
> 
> the area of Prague castle (and Lesser town as well) is not directly effected, however tram line 22 which is often used by Castle visitors is affected - it can't cross the river and is split to two parts.
> 
> I suggest you to take metro line A to Malostranska station - there you can either change to tram 22 or walk to the Castle using Old Castle Stairs ("Stare zamecke schody" in Czech)
> 
> Detailed information about public transport that I found, are in Czech only:

---

From: Vladimir Smotlacha <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 11:59:56 +0200

Public transport will be affected since about 11 am (with exception of 
small area around Manes bridge, that will be closed early morning). The 
marathon starts at noon.

In any case, this every year event never caused any serious traffic jam, 
so taxi will work normally.

	Vladimir

On 04/01/11 11:28, Ben Campbell wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2011, at 11:03 AM, Vladimir Smotlacha<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>
>> Paul,
>>