Subject: [80attendees] what was that procession?

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 08:35:47 -0600

If you were walking in the old town or on Charles Bridge after the IETF
meeting ended on Friday afternoon, you might have noticed a procession
of musicians, jugglers, mimes, and other interesting characters. The
Czech friends I was with at the time said that this procession was a
protest by street performers against a requirement to obtain a city
permit in order to ply their craft on the streets of Prague.

Just so you know!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 10:06:57 -0500

If "musicians, jugglers, mimes, and other interesting characters" needed a 
permit to ply their craft on the streets of Prague, all I can say is that 
I'm darned glad the IETF meets indoors ;-)

I hope IAOC is making sure we won't run into trouble in Quebec City on this 
score...

Spencer (for the purposes of this e-mail, "the musician". drums really are 
musical instruments. really)

---

From: "Sarah Banks (sabanks)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 19:57:55 -0700

IIRC Quebec City has already gone through this exercise, with buskers
requiring (or used to, at least) a permit or pay a fine. It could have
changed since I've left Canada, but it was that way quite some time ago
already. There are usually times of year that they're not allowed on
certain streets (coinciding with other festivals) but I'd not anticipate
this to be a problem.

Cheers
Sarah

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Spencer Dawkins
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 8:07 AM
To: Peter Saint-Andre; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [80attendees] what was that procession?

If "musicians, jugglers, mimes, and other interesting characters" needed
a 
permit to ply their craft on the streets of Prague, all I can say is
that 
I'm darned glad the IETF meets indoors ;-)

I hope IAOC is making sure we won't run into trouble in Quebec City on
this 
score...

Spencer (for the purposes of this e-mail, "the musician". drums really
are 
musical instruments. really) 

_______________________________________________
80attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/80attendees

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 00:22:59 -0700

i have a really really hard time seeing buskers as a problem.

randy