Subject: Re: [86attendees] Official backup hotel

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 10:03:32 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, Richard Barnes wrote:

> Watch out for gators.
> http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-26/news/os-alligator-attack-woman-tears-off-ar
> m-20120926_1_rips-clickorlando-com-arm

And sinkholes.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/01/us/florida-sinkhole/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Florida is a dangerous place.  :-)

-- Sam

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:06:08 -0200

Although not so much as Australia:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AXhWXW1FFeA/TBdq3YjyYSI/AAAAAAAAIqM/8-q8GXhH_I8/s1600/aussie+dangers.jpg

:D

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 15:19:21 -0500

> Florida is a dangerous place.  :-)

It is.  Florida has excellent natural aquifers, bringing fresh water
many miles from the north, but Florida population growth has been
sucking them dry, leaving the rock vulnerable.  There are sinkholes
everywhere.  Pythons too.  And snakehead fish that walk across your lawn
at night.  Gators are not a big problem, just avoid the fresh water
(particularly ponds on resort golf courses) where they set up during
breeding season.  That's not _supposed_ to start until April, but we do
have global warming.