Subject: [86attendees] being "walked" for 2 nights by Caribe

From: Tim Shepard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 01:33:24 -0400

I just tried to check in at Caribe on my Sunday evening reservation
and they told me they will not have a room for me until Tuesday night.
A line of a dozen or so formed behind me and he told me they would all
be walked also (some were IETF, but I'm not sure exactly how many).

			-Tim Shepard
			 [email-masked]

---

From: "Mankin, Allison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:11:01 +0000

I arrived a few minutes ago and on trying to check in for my Monday reservation was told that I have to wait till 3, as it cannot be said before then if my reservation will be honored. I mentioned the reports from my colleagues about no rooms til Tuesday, and could only elicit: ask us at 3.

Not very impressed with this hotel's congestion avoidance and control...

On Mar 11, 2013, at 1:33, "Tim Shepard" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 86attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/86attendees

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 07:50:40 -0400

I called the front desk at 7 and was told the same.  At least they're 
consistent...

On March 11, 2013 7:11:01 AM "Mankin, Allison" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I arrived a few minutes ago and on trying to check in for my Monday 
> reservation was told that I have to wait till 3, as it cannot be said 
> before then if my reservation will be honored. I mentioned the reports 
> from my colleagues about no rooms til Tuesday, and could only elicit: 
> ask us at 3.
>

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 08:32:55 -0700

> Not very impressed with this hotel's congestion avoidance and control...

they don't really need to work on congestion avoidance.  they just need
a manager.

randy

---

From: Kevin Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:24:01 -0600

I apparently arrived just in time and was upgraded 2 bedroom, 2 bath
apartment. So, I have what amounts to an extra room for one or two
people available. Contact me if interested.

Kevin Gross

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:29:15 +0000

To that point, last night there were two (count 'em) clerks working the line, there were an approximately constant 10-12 people in line.  There was no manager visible.

As a counterpoint, they walked me to the Nickelodeon, where there was a staff of 5 waiting for us, complete with a manager, who had finished his shift, but stayed (with "his staff") to make sure the process went as smoothly as possible.

Brian

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 12:37:04 -0400

Interesting. I showed up just before noon and was told everyone was 
being sent to the hotel next door...