Subject: [86attendees] rental car users: beware fuel prices

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 00:36:48 -0400 (EDT)

There are a few petrol stations near the airport that charge unusually 
high prices (e.g. US$5.69/gallon).

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/22/news/economy/highest_gas_prices_in_the_nation/index.htm

Normal prices are under $4, preferably closer to $3.50.

-- Sam

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 07:34:22 -0400

Shell gas around the corner is like $3.50 cash or shell card, $4.40 other credit card. 

Ray

On Mar 15, 2013, at 12:36 AM, Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]> wrote:

> There are a few petrol stations near the airport that charge unusually high prices (e.g. US$5.69/gallon).
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 86attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/86attendees

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:07:54 -0400

> Shell gas around the corner is like $3.50 cash or shell card, $4.40 other credit card.

This is why I try to fill up before taking the final drive to the 
airport; the gas consumed on that final leg doesn't bring the gauge down 
below Full unless it's a /very/ long drive.

d/
-- 
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  bbiw.net

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:46:40 -0400

If you're on 528 there's a 7-11 at the Jetport Drive exit.  If you're
avoiding tolls there's a cheap place on Orange Ave just south of Jetport
Drive.

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Mar 2013 06:40:29 -0000

If you're taking the obvious route from the Caribe to the airport, the
7-11 where World Center Drive turns into the toll Greenway has gas at
reasonable prices.  It's several miles from the airport, but Avis
still considered my car to be full when I turned it in this morning.