Subject: [87attendees] how early do we need to get to Tegel?

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 06:11:50 -0400

What's the recommended amount of time to get to Tegel before a flight?

For example, if a flight is leaving at 10:00, should you get there at
7:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00?

    Tony Hansen

---

From: Enno Rey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 11:49:43 +0200

> For example, if a flight is leaving at 10:00, should you get there at

Intercontinental flight leaving at 10:00: be there at 8:30.
Intra-European/domestic flight leaving at 10: be there 9:00.

TXL is small (=> getting somewhere doesn't take much time) and boring (not much you can do while waiting).

best

Enno

> 
>     Tony Hansen
> _______________________________________________
> 87attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/87attendees

-- 
Enno Rey

ERNW GmbH - Carl-Bosch-Str. 4 - 69115 Heidelberg - www.ernw.de
Tel. +49 6221 480390 - Fax 6221 419008 - Cell +49 174 3082474

Handelsregister Mannheim: HRB 337135
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Enno Rey

Troopers 2013 Videos online: http://www.youtube.com/user/TROOPERScon?feature=watch

=======================================================
Blog: www.insinuator.net || Conference: www.troopers.de
=======================================================

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 12:19:15 +0200

Hi,

I recommend to be there at 8:30 (90 minutes before your flight leaves).
Tegel is small and that should give you enough time.

  Regards

    Nic

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Tony Hansen
Gesendet: Freitag, 2. August 2013 12:12
An: <[email-masked]>
Betreff: [87attendees] how early do we need to get to Tegel?

    Tony Hansen

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 13:20:58 +0200

> For example, if a flight is leaving at 10:00, should you get there at

Huh. Based on the airline counter check-in lines [1] when I landed, I 
was thinking it was somewhere between 24 and 48 hours. Maybe something 
exceptional was going on, but the lines for both Air Berlin and whomever 
was the next counter over were long enough to make it impossible to use 
the concessions on the opposite side of the walkway.

OTOH, the "One World Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire" line for Air Berlin had 
approximately two people in it. YMMV.

/a

____
[1] Not security checkpoint lines, but the actual, airline-operated 
lines to, e.g., get a boarding pass and/or check a bag.

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:29:41 -0400

I was there 60 min ahead with no issues. There was even a nice little snack 
stand and store in the gate area (A04/5).   All very easy and efficient. 
E-check in worked smoothly too..

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 02:32:44 -0700

At 7:29 PM -0400 8/2/13, Lou Berger wrote:

>  I was there 60 min ahead with no issues. There was even a nice 
> little snack stand and store in the gate area (A04/5).   All very 
> easy and efficient. E-check in worked smoothly too..

Were you on the BA flight to LHR?  I saw someone in the gate area in 
an IETF shirt.

By the way, consistent with past experience on flights within Europe, 
security was usual for Europe, with the exception that I was asked to 
take liquids out of the carry-on luggage before placing everything 
into the X-ray machine.  Just to recap: laptops out, shoes on, 
liquids out.  ID checked only during boarding.

It took less than 15 minutes to get to the airport, even leaving at 
5:50 PM, and it took maybe 3 minutes to get through security.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
                                                   --Mae West.

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 13:00:52 -0400

On 08/03/13 05:32, Randall Gellens allegedly wrote:
> It took less than 15 minutes to get to the airport, even leaving at 5:50
> PM, and it took maybe 3 minutes to get through security.

It took us a little longer this morning.  The line at gate 15 was about
100 people long.