Subject: Re: [87attendees] Tegel Airport

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 11:39:39 -0700

At 2:36 AM -0700 8/3/13, Randall Gellens wrote:

>   At 7:29 PM -0400 8/2/13, Lou Berger wrote:
>
>>    I don't thing there was any additional security on transfers...
>
>   At LHR, you do reclear security when transferring.  It's a 
> different security line than when entering from groundside, but the 
> security itself is identical.
>
>   I'm still waiting for clarification regarding the report of 
> heightened security on someone's LHR-TXL flight (which airline, 
> which terminal, if shoes were specifically ordered off or if 
> everyone just took them off because the person in front did so).

Just an update: when I cleared LHR security today it was the same as 
it ever was: laptops out, liquids out, shoes on.  I managed to escape 
unscathed with nothing confiscated.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
If you attack stupidity you attack an entrenched interest with friends
in government and every walk of public life, and you will make small
progress against it.                               --Samuel Marchbanks