Subject: [87attendees] possible net charge on hotel bill

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 23:54:09 -0400 (EDT)

When I tried to connect to the Intercon hotel wireless last night
I got a splash page asking me to pick free 512kb wireless or a
higher speed billed to my room.  I called the front desk and they
said that yes, wireless was incuded, and it would be removed from
my bill.

When I checked out this morning, the clerk read off all non-room
charges and one day of internet access (20 euro) was included.

I explained, he took it off the bill.

No harm, no foul.  And he mentioned it without prompting.

Still, there might be reason to be checking your bill when you
check out, particularly if you went through that splash  page
and picked the higher-than-512kb access.

--Sandy

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 06:01:41 +0200

On 8/3/2013 5:54 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
>   particularly if you went through that splash  page

Small kudo to the hotel.  I wasn't staying there and this free all-day 
access was perfect for email and simple web access.  Really quite nice.
-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net