Subject: [88attendees] getting to the airport

From: Geoff Mulligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 16:23:25 -0700

So I have to go to the airport and be there around 9:30am tomorrow.

I'm thinking of taking the Canada Line, though it wont be fun dragging 
myself and luggage in the rain to the train station.  I think it is a 
few blocks from the hotel???

If I take the train, it seems that the fare is $5.50 plus $5 or if I 
find a 7-11 I can buy a day pass for $9.75?  Is that right?

I've taken a taxis and rather not spend the $40 and I'd rather have a 
bit more of an adventure.

         Thoughts
             Geoff

---

From: "Dave Michaud" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:31:03 -0800

The YVR addfare is only when . from the airport. In your case, all you need is a 3 zones ticket that you can buy for $5.50 in the train station.

If you don't walk to Canada Line in the rain, you can take the skytrain towards Waterfront just North of the hotel and at Waterfront switch to Canada Line towards YVR.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.

From: Geoff Mulligan

Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2013 15:24

To: [email-masked]

Subject: [88attendees] getting to the airport

Thoughts

Geoff

_______________________________________________

88attendees mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/88attendees

This e-mail (and attachment(s)) is confidential, proprietary, may be subject to copyright and legal privilege and no related rights are waived. If you are not the intended recipient or its agent, any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or any of its content is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. All messages may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations and our policies to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and you are deemed to have accepted any risk if you communicate with us by e-mail. If received in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail (and any attachments) from any computer or any storage medium without printing a copy.

Ce courriel (ainsi que ses pièces jointes) est confidentiel, exclusif, et peut faire l’objet de droit d’auteur et de privilège juridique; aucun droit connexe n’est exclu. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire visé ou son représentant, toute étude, diffusion, transmission ou copie de ce courriel en tout ou en partie, est strictement interdite et peut être illégale. Tous les messages peuvent être surveillés, selon les lois et règlements applicables et les politiques de protection de notre entreprise. Les courriels ne sont pas sécurisés et vous êtes réputés avoir accepté tous les risques qui y sont liés si vous choisissez de communiquer avec nous par ce moyen. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser immédiatement et supprimer ce courriel (ainsi que toutes ses pièces jointes) de tout ordinateur ou support de données sans en imprimer une copie.

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 15:34:29 -0800

> On Nov 7, 2013, at 3:23 PM, Geoff Mulligan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I'm thinking of taking the Canada Line, though it wont be fun dragging myself and luggage in the rain to the train station.  I think it is a few blocks from the hotel???

You can take the subway from right next door and connect to the Canada at Waterfront station. You can even get to the subway without going outside via the mall attached to the Hyatt.

> 
> If I take the train, it seems that the fare is $5.50 plus $5 or if I find a 7-11 I can buy a day pass for $9.75?  Is that right?
> 
> I've taken a taxis and rather not spend the $40 and I'd rather have a bit more of an adventure.
> 
>        Thoughts
>            Geoff
>

---

From: Phil Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 15:50:19 -0800

I you go to airport after 6:30pm or weekend it is one zone or 2.75. 

Phil

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 16:29:50 -0800

Or you can walk a few blocks and save the time of changing at Waterfront.
See the wiki.

---

From: "Mike Sullenberger (mls)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 00:46:54 +0000

When I left on Tuesday afternoon to go to the YVR airport, I paid for a 2 zone ticket, which is all you need for $4 CAD. 25 minutes later I was at the airport.  Note, I used the Vancouver City Centre stop.

http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iItineraryDetail&.s=7b8b2960&useGoogleMap=1&StartDisplay=VANCOUVER+CITY+CENTRE+STATION%2C+W+GEORGIA+ST%2C+VANCOUVER&EndDisplay=YVR-AIRPORT+STATION%2C+GRANT+MCCONACHIE+WAY%2C+RICHMOND&ItinSummary=980&Start=VANCOUVER+CITY+CENTRE+STATION%2C+W+GEORGIA+ST%2C+VANCOUVER&End=YVR-AIRPORT+STATION%2C+GRANT+MCCONACHIE+WAY%2C+RICHMOND&StartGeo=VANCOUVER+CITY+CENTRE+STATION%2C+W+GEORGIA+ST%2C+VANCOUVER%3B-123118337%3B49282429&EndGeo=YVR-AIRPORT+STATION%2C+GRANT+MCCONACHIE+WAY%2C+RICHMOND%3B-123179656%3B49193935&Date=11-08-2013&TripDirection=DEP&Time=+9%3A30a&SortBy=&Fare=&Accessibility=&ItinIndex=1&MapWidth=500&MapHeight=500&Option=None&SB=View+Detail

That is the trip planner from TransLink.

Mike.

Mike Sullenberger, DSE
[email-masked]            .:|:.:|:.
Customer Advocacy          CISCO

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:88attendees-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Geoff Mulligan
> Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 3:23 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> I'm thinking of taking the Canada Line, though it won't be fun dragging
> myself and luggage in the rain to the train station.  I think it is a few
> blocks from the hotel???
> 
> If I take the train, it seems that the fare is $5.50 plus $5 or if I find a 7-11 I
> can buy a day pass for $9.75?  Is that right?
>

---

From: "Marc Erickson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 19:01:20 -0800

Vancouver City Centre station is quicker to get to from the hotel if walking
- Google Maps calculates it as 6 minutes whereas to Waterfront is eight
minutes.  Of course, one possibly has a chance to view the harbour with the
walk to Waterfront depending on the route taken and if one can keep their
head out of their phone.  ;-)  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807vebt-mmQ)

To City Centre:

http://goo.gl/maps/gRbho

To Waterfront:

http://goo.gl/maps/mfhbW

Marc

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Scott Brim
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 4:30 PM
To: Ben Campbell
Cc: Geoff Mulligan; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [88attendees] getting to the airport

---

From: John R Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 21:08:41 -0800 (PST)

> Vancouver City Centre station is quicker to get to from the hotel if 
> walking - Google Maps calculates it as 6 minutes

Six minutes is generous.  You walk past the Fairmont and the Pacific 
Centre mall and there you are.

If you forgot to check in for your flight at the machine in the Fairmont
lobby near the entrance to the Royal mall, there's another machine in the
mezzanine of the City Centre station.

R's,
John

---

From: "Surendra Kumar (smkumar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 07:27:55 +0000

If it helps Š

I started at 5:25pm today (to catch a 7:21pm flight to SFO, yes!) from
Hyatt and reached the city center station in 5mins. Bought the 2 zone
ticket for $4 and it took exactly 25mins to the airport. Printed my
boarding pass at the kiosk. Zero latency at customs at 6:30pm today. I had
to wait 15mins at security as they had only one line. I reached my gate at
6:40pm just before boarding started.

In all it took me 75mins from Hyatt to the gate; maybe I got lucky :)
Surendra.

On 11/7/13 4:46 PM, "Mike Sullenberger (mls)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>When I left on Tuesday afternoon to go to the YVR airport, I paid for a 2
>zone ticket, which is all you need for $4 CAD. 25 minutes later I was at
>the airport.  Note, I used the Vancouver City Centre stop.
>
>http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iItineraryDetail&.s=7b8b2960&us
>eGoogleMap=1&StartDisplay=VANCOUVER+CITY+CENTRE+STATION%2C+W+GEORGIA+ST%2C
>+VANCOUVER&EndDisplay=YVR-AIRPORT+STATION%2C+GRANT+MCCONACHIE+WAY%2C+RICHM
>OND&ItinSummary=980&Start=VANCOUVER+CITY+CENTRE+STATION%2C+W+GEORGIA+ST%2C
>+VANCOUVER&End=YVR-AIRPORT+STATION%2C+GRANT+MCCONACHIE+WAY%2C+RICHMOND&Sta
>rtGeo=VANCOUVER+CITY+CENTRE+STATION%2C+W+GEORGIA+ST%2C+VANCOUVER%3B-123118
>337%3B49282429&EndGeo=YVR-AIRPORT+STATION%2C+GRANT+MCCONACHIE+WAY%2C+RICHM
>OND%3B-123179656%3B49193935&Date=11-08-2013&TripDirection=DEP&Time=+9%3A30
>a&SortBy=&Fare=&Accessibility=&ItinIndex=1&MapWidth=500&MapHeight=500&Opti
>on=None&SB=View+Detail
>
>>find a 7-11 I
>>bit
>> more of an adventure.