Subject: [89attendees] thanks to the meeting organization

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 19:20:59 +0100

Thanks to the organizers for this meeting.

In particular, although the rooms were in a maze, I was amazed how 
everybody at the IETF Registration Desk knew precisely where every other 
room was, and guided me precisely.  Never has anyone pointed me to the 
map, they just knew - thanks.

Alex

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09:44:17 -0500

Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > everybody at the IETF Registration Desk knew precisely where every
    > other room was, and guided me precisely.  Never has anyone pointed me
    > to the map, they just knew - thanks.

Ray, should we wind up in a hotel with a maze, I suggest that we have a
scanvenger hunt just after the reception on Sunday.  That way, many people
will have visited each of the rooms before they have to find the new room
with 10 minutes to spare.

Also I realized that one advantage of the whole "Regency A,B,C,D,E" naming
scheme is that if you've been to "A", you likely can find "B" pretty easily,
vs Viscount/Sovereign/Monarchy Suite name isn't obviously related...

I did appreciate that the snacks were will distributed though,
and the hallways were not congested (remembering a San Diego and Orlando '98
meeting..)

-- 
Michael Richardson
-on the road-

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 03:41:30 -0400

> with 10 minutes to spare.

Interesting idea.
> vs Viscount/Sovereign/Monarchy Suite name isn't obviously related…

So true.  Not sure how to handle that one.  Maybe in a situation like this we should add location identifiers, 
West 1 (W1) Viscount.

> and the hallways were not congested (remembering a San Diego and Orlando '98

A logistical challenge for the staff and hotel, especially amounts and replenishment, but they were pretty responsive.

Thanks for the feedback	

Ray

> 
> -- 
> Michael Richardson
> -on the road-
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 89attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/89attendees

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 08:05:54 +0000

Actually, I think this time we would have needed breaks adjusted for the transit time. I was perpetually late. 

Kudos to the organization for managing so well with what was pretty much an adverse venue.  I hope we don't have to go here again (but I do cherish the food options in this area, and urban locations in general!).

Grüße, Carsten 

> On 08.03.2014, at 14:44, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Ray, should we wind up in a hotel with a maze

---

From: David Misell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 08:15:52 +0000

but once every 12 years cant be so bad..

Kind Regards,
Dave

David S. Misell MSc CISSP MBCS
+44 (0)7710 380044
misell.dave (Skype)

> On 9 Mar 2014, at 08:05, Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: t.p. <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 09:45:28 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Pelletier" <[email-masked]>
To: "Michael Richardson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2014 7:41 AM
On Mar 8, 2014, at 9:44 AM, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>

Interesting idea.
> vs Viscount/Sovereign/Monarchy Suite name isn't obviously related…

So true.

<tp>

I disagree; all you need is a 101 in the British aristocracy and it all
becomes clear:-)

What did throw me, and I saw many others thrown as well, was the
reference to 3rd Lower Ground.  Once found, I went through my Agenda and
tagged the sessions I planned to attend with W1, W3 and E-3 - also known
as hot, sultry and icy respectively - and had no problems thereafter.
YMMV.

Tom Petch

Not sure how to handle that one.  Maybe in a situation like this we
should add location identifiers,
West 1 (W1) Viscount.

> and the hallways were not congested (remembering a San Diego and
Orlando '98

A logistical challenge for the staff and hotel, especially amounts and
replenishment, but they were pretty responsive.

Thanks for the feedback

Ray