Subject: [89attendees] power adapters

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 17:08:38 +0100 (CET)

The power adapter I brought from home didn't work properly in the outlets 
in the room. It seemed the prongs weren't long enough, I would only get 
power if I pushed it manually, and it wouldn't stay in that position (and 
I would get sparks).

So I went to Tesco Lotus Express which is approx 100 meters down the road 
towards Paddington Station. They didn't have any, but across the street 
there is a stationary store that also sells "technology", and they had 
power adapters (works with my "rest-of-europe" standard prongs) for 4.5 
GBP.

They didn't seem to have that many in stock, but looked like they had at 
least 5 more in a pull-out drawer below the show case.

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: Leo Vegoda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 09:33:19 -0800

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

[...]

> least 5 more in a pull-out drawer below the show case.

There a rather nice adapter on sale at the CPW across the street from the
hotel. It has a USB socket as well as doing to/from most layouts.