Subject: Re: [89attendees] laundry service

From: "Olivier Dupont (odupont)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 13:28:16 +0000

There is a dry cleaning store on Norfolk Pl almost at the corner with
Praed St, 5 minutes walk from the Hilton.

Olivier

On 03/03/2014 11:33, "Ralph Droms (rdroms)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a launder-sort-fold "by-the-kg" laundry service
>nearby?
>
>- Ralph
>
>_______________________________________________
>89attendees mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/89attendees

---

From: "Murphy, Sandra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 14:02:01 +0000

Several people have pointed to dry cleaning stores, where the query was for laundry facilities.

In the US, dry cleaning is a very different process from laundry  (chemicals vs water, for one thing).  In my experience (in the US), dry cleaners may sometimes but by no means always also do laundry.  Maybe both those US centric interpretations are different in GB?

--Sandy

________________________________________
From: 89attendees [[email-masked]] on behalf of Olivier Dupont (odupont) [[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2014 8:28 AM
To: Ralph Droms (rdroms); [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [89attendees] laundry service

Olivier

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:55:23 +0000

Hi, Sandy.

A case of YMMV.... dry cleaning is what you expect from US (some 
dangerously polluting solvent other than water).

Many independent operations offer more than one service:
Unattended 'launderettes' often also have a coin operated self-service 
dry cleaning machine as well as coin operated washers and driers.
Attended independent operations frequently offer launderette style 
self-service wash/dry plus 'service wash' to do the operations for you 
and maybe ironing as well.  They will also often either have their own 
dry cleaning machine or may send it away to some centralized  operation. 
[The Sale Place operation looks to be in this category.]
Then there are dedicated (mostly chain) dry cleaning operations (mostly 
Johnsons) for when you want difficult stuff done.

/E