Subject: [89attendees] 3 more inches of snow; when again is my flight out?

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 08:09:12 -0500

Snowiest winter on record for Detroit; supposedly.

The most snow would be bad enough, but we also have had few days above 
freezing so the snow is deep and the piles are high...

GET ME OUT OF HERE!

:)

---

From: Hadriel Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 04:09:21 -0500

On Mar 2, 2014, at 8:09 AM, Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The most snow would be bad enough, but we also have had few days above freezing so the snow is deep and the piles are high...
> GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Isn't "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" the general slogan for Detroit all year long?

-hadriel

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 09:25:07 +0000

> Isn't "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" the general slogan for Detroit all year long?

I live in the suburbs.  It is more of a case of STAY OUT!  And actually 
we did not have much of a foreclosure problem during the housing crash.  
rather stable, but aging, population.

;)

---

From: Jared Mauch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 05:36:07 -0500

On Mar 3, 2014, at 4:25 AM, Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I live in the suburbs.  It is more of a case of STAY OUT!  And actually we did not have much of a foreclosure problem during the housing crash.  rather stable, but aging, population.

As with all towns there are better areas and worse.  The same is even true of Ann Arbor, but many of these things are “relative”.

Since my home weather is up for discussion:

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/03/another_4_inches_of_snow_moves.html#incart_m-rpt-2
http://m.freep.com/localnews/article?a=2014303020120&f=1232
http://nation.time.com/2014/02/25/detroit-winter/
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/index-confirms-winter-miserable-22668090

It feels quite nice here compared to at home.

- Jared