Subject: Re: [89attendees] The experience as new comer for Sunday

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 02:15:45 -0500

--On Monday, 03 March, 2014 02:12 +0100 Abdussalam Baryun
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>...
> Tutorial was nice but it would been good to see the ISOC, IETF,
> IAB, and Nomcom leaders within the beginning of tutorial
> because the tutorial covers these bodies.

They can speak for themselves, but at least one reason for this
is that the IESG and IAB members usually have meetings on
Sunday, some of the key ISOC leadership had probably not
arrived, and I suspect the Nomcom leadership is suffering from
exhaustion.   While I agree with you that it would be nice to
have more of them at the tutorial, they are volunteers and the
price of their attendance might be their having to arrive even
earlier.  The latter can be a considerable burden on them and
their employers and families.

I hope most of those who were here showed up at the "Newcomer
Meet and Greet" -- it can't solve all problems, but such
personal greetings and contacts are what it is for.

best regards,
   john