Subject: Re: [90attendees] Musicians?

From: Richard Guy Briggs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:31:35 -0400

On 14/07/22, STARK, BARBARA H wrote:
> > >The discussion thread about the piano made me wonder how prevalent
> > >musicians are represented within our ranks?

> I just got back from a weeklong early music workshop playing renaissance
> trombone and baroque recorders, with a bit of shaped note and madrigal
> singing (alto/tenor) thrown in. For modern repertoire (classical/jazz) I play
> trumpet. Never tried barbershop/sweet adeline singing. If y'all were willing
> to allow for female participation, I think that might be fun. 

Ooh, neat!  Where?  CAMMAC?  (My dad, David Briggs was there week 2 playing bass viol.)

I'm headed there by bike from Ottawa Saturday with my kids as soon as I get
back from here Friday night:
	http://tricolour.ca/photos/2013/07/21/12-18-17i1.html
	(notice my daughter's violin in the white bag on my rear rack)

I brought a soprano recorder with me this trip.  I used to play bassoon and a
bit of trumpet.  I've been singing bass in the annual "Come Sing Messiah" since
sometime after I sang soprano at the cenotaph in Ottawa on Remembrance Day in
the late '70s.

Four years ago I picked up a 50 year old Hammond M3 spinet organ with Leslie
speaker and have been attempting to learn keyboards since...

> Barbara

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!
Ottawa, ON, CANADA                  --  Lo_>__M__\\/\%__\\/\%
Vote! -- <greenparty.ca>_____GTVS6#790__(*)__(*)________(*)(*)_________________