Subject: [90attendees] Problem on the hotel wired network--if you installed a router in your room please read!

From: Chris Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 16:34:18 -0400

There are two rogue DHCP servers on the wired network that are caused by
misconfigured routers in two hotel rooms.

First:

The device running DD-WRT is advertising a wireless network SSID of:

NSA Surveilance Van #77

(Yes, with surveilance spelled as seen...)

And an ethernet mac address of "cc:34:29:90:8b:49".

Second:

The device is a Linksys E1200 with an ethernet mac address of
"48:f8:b3:47:82:78".

If either these devices is yours please contact the help desk or NOC ASAP,
or disconnect it from the hotel network until it is properly configured.

Thanks!
The IETF NOC Team

Chris Elliott

-- 
Chris Elliott
[email-masked]