Subject: [91attendees] Apple Plug Swap

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 12:48:13 -0800

One manifestation of my occasional OCD is that I prefer to use the correct cables for the country I’m in, rather than using (sometimes unreliable, occasionally even unsafe) travel adapters. If any IETF attendees from outside the US share my preference, and would like to swap their Apple plug or cable for its US counterpart, email me privately. Like many long-time Apple users, I have accumulated more plugs and cables than I need, so I brought a couple of spares with me.

Pictures showing what I’m talking about are available at the previous meeting’s wiki: <https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/90appleplugswap>

Stuart Cheshire

---

From: Dominik Bay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:50:47 -1000

There's also a more current wiki page for '91:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/91appleplugswap

---

From: Robert Kisteleki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:58:52 -1000

I really like this initiative (and I know it has been done before).

An implementation idea, hopefully it's a simplification to the process: 
I think it would work well if there was a table / storage space where 
all these cables and plugs are, and everyone who goes there would have 
the right to swap *one thing* at a time, ie. put a plug down and pick up 
another.

Yes someone would have to seed it but that's not difficult either.

Robert

On 2014-11-10 10:50, Dominik Bay wrote:
>> One manifestation of my occasional OCD is that I prefer to use the 
>> correct cables for the country I’m in, rather than using (sometimes 
>> unreliable, occasionally even unsafe) travel adapters. If any IETF 
>> attendees from outside the US share my preference, and would like to 
>> swap their Apple plug or cable for its US counterpart, email me 
>> privately. Like many long-time Apple users, I have accumulated more 
>> plugs and cables than I need, so I brought a couple of spares with me.
>> 
>> Pictures showing what I’m talking about are available at the previous 
>> meeting’s wiki: 
>> <https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/90appleplugswap>
>> 
>> Stuart Cheshire
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 91attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/91attendees

---

From: Alan Whinery <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:18:21 -1000

I have many extras at home (I live here on Oahu) and wilI will try to remember some tomorrow. 

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

---

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:45:15 -0800

> https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/91appleplugswap

Thanks for setting up the new page. I’ve added my info.

A note to some people who appear to have misinterpreted my original email: I *have* a spare US plug and cable with me; I’m looking to swap them for some other types. Particularly the Indian plugs are rare and highly prized :-)

Stuart Cheshire