Subject: Re: [91attendees] Using the Bus in Honolulu

From: "Scott Weeks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 21:19:39 -0800

--- [email-masked] wrote:
From: [email-masked]

> The bus is not useful from airport to Waikiki.  They don't allow 
> any kind of luggage.

Hmmn, look at that.  You're out of luck unless you can disguise your
suitcase as a musical instrument or a boogie board (up to four feet
long is OK.)

The hotel web site touts the SpeediShuttle.  Their web site lets me
reserve it for $26.79 round trip.  Any reason not to do that?

Or do I really need to reserve, or can I just show up?
------------------------------------------------------------

I had forgotten about the SpeediShuttle.  That's the way to go.  
As far as reservations, I don't know.  IIRC there're a lot of them 
and you didn't really need to reserve, but it can't hurt.  

Also, for sightseeing via bus, you're going to take one from Waikiki 
to downtown Honolulu and transfer to the "circle island" bus.  It's 
one bus that you don't get off of (unless you want to), but the route 
number changes.  It's called the number 55 on the east (windward) 
side and the number 52 along the rest of the route.

http://www.thebus.org/route/Maps/rm55-65.pdf
http://www.thebus.org/route/Maps/rm52-62.pdf

Get a 4 day bus pass for $35:

http://thebus.org/fare/4DayPass.asp

and get on/off as much as you like.  Otherwise you'll pay the normal 
fare every time you get off and back on unless you switch routes.  
They have a transfer slip for that.  On the circle island (which does 
not circle the whole island; it only circles 1/2 of it) you'll want to 
get on and off a lot along the windward side and along the north shore.  
It' really pretty and they go by every 40 minutes or so for the most 
part. 

http://www.thebus.org/route/Timetables/Rt55.pdf
http://www.thebus.org/route/Timetables/Rt52-62.pdf

scott

_______________________________________________
91attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/91attendees

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 16:08:04 +1300

Scott,

On 04/11/2014 18:19, Scott Weeks wrote:
...
> side and the number 52 along the rest of the route.

Any chance you can clarify *exactly* where the 55 picks up at the Ala Moana Center?
The schedule says stop #426 but that doesn't seem to exist and the center
has bus stops all around it.

    Brian