Subject: [94attendees] Meeting Venue Updates ?

From: Massimiliano Pala <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:23:40 -0400

Hi all,

I think there has been some discussion about the disaster for the 94 
venue, but I could not find any new information on the IETF's website 
about that: what is the current situation ?

I tried to book the main hotel and:

 1. The Link does not work (the rates are wrong - instead of 19,000 JPY
    it gives rates close to 35,000 JPY)
 2. There are no rooms available for the 4th and 5th of November already
 3. There is still no information about the "overflow" hotels - since I
    saw an e-mail saying that ONE of them will have the IETF network...
    I would like to know which one before booking the room!

Is there anybody who has updated information about the hotels and/or the 
current status ?

Cheers,
Max

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:31:04 -0700 (PDT)

Max,

Yes, there was an update sent yesterday to the recent-attendees
list, here it is:

>From [email-masked] Mon Aug 17 13:57:45 2015
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 16:57:27 -0400
From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>

All;

Here is where things stand.

1.  "Headquarters Hotel”

Our Host, WIDE, is attempting to obtain more guest rooms in the 
InterContinental Yokohama Grand.

The InterContinental Yokohama Grand has 475 standard rooms, but would 
only allow us to book 300 rooms on the peak nights of Monday and 
Tuesday.  They said they had to accommodate their existing corporate 
and airline contracts.

Wednesday and Thursdays were contracted for fewer rooms, 289 and 250. 
We contracted for the rooms using the usual Bell Curve, which 
typically reflects that some folks depart on Wednesday and more on 
Thursday.  This was a mistake on our part.  if those rooms had been 
available we should have contracted for the max we could get.

2.  Overflow Hotels

We are working with the Japanese Travel Bureau to open the JTB 
reservation system for the 4 contracted Overflow Hotels.  Together 
these hotels have 530 rooms on a peak night, for a total of 3,550 room 
nights.

One of the 4 will also have the IETF network, courtesy of WIDE.  \

The JTB current system only permits reservations from 31 October to 7 
November, not before or after.  We are trying to get that fixed.  We 
think that reservations may be open Tuesday, but might be Wednesday.

Our preference would have been to open the Overflow Hotels together 
with the Headquarters Hotel.  We did not to provide those needing 
Visas more time to process their applications.

3. Alternative Hotels

There are a number of alternative hotels near the Pacifico Yokohama 
(Meeting Venue).  The IETF does not have a contract with these hotels, 
nor is the IETF network available. This information is provided as a 
convenience to meeting attendees. The IETF makes no representation as 
to availability, prices, cancellation practices, or Internet quality.

Map of possible alternative hotels:
	https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotels+near+InterContinental+
	Yokohama+Grand,+Yokohama,+Kanagawa+Prefecture,+Japan/%4035.
	4604397,139.6350251,14z?hl=en

You may use your favorite search engines such as:
	http://www.hotels.com/
	http://www.trivago.com/
	https://www.airbnb.com/

You should expect to see an update Tuesday.

Ray

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015, Massimiliano Pala wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> I think there has been some discussion about the disaster for the 94 venue,
> but I could not find any new information on the IETF's website about that:
> what is the current situation ?
>

---

From: Leonid Grossman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:36:06 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for forwarding - is it also possible to post future updates to this list not just to the recent-attendees?
Thanks, Leonid

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ole Jacobsen [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:31 PM
> To: Massimiliano Pala
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [94attendees] Meeting Venue Updates ?
> 
> 
> Max,
> 
> Yes, there was an update sent yesterday to the recent-attendees list,
> here it is:
> 
> We contracted for the rooms using the usual Bell Curve, which typically
> reflects that some folks depart on Wednesday and more on Thursday.
> This was a mistake on our part.  if those rooms had been available we
> should have contracted for the max we could get.
> 
> 2.  Overflow Hotels
> 
> with the Headquarters Hotel.  We did not to provide those needing Visas
> more time to process their applications.
> 
> 3. Alternative Hotels
> 
> >    it gives rates close to 35,000 JPY) 2. There are no rooms
> available
> > for the 4th and 5th of November already 3. There is still no
> > information about the "overflow" hotels - since I
> > Is there anybody who has updated information about the hotels and/or
> > the current status ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Max
> >
> >
> >
> >

---

From: Massimiliano Pala <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 19:03:21 -0400

Hi Ole, all,

thanks for the reply - I saw that e-mail.. but that does not say much 
about what to do.. :) I hoped we got some new information by now.. but 
still nothing new about the status of the overflow hotels.

I will ask the question on the recentattendees ML to see if there are 
other news.. and to re-iterate the request that news will be posted also 
to this ML.

Thanks,
Max

P.S.: "JTB current system only permits reservations from 31 October to 7
November" - where is the link to the JTB ? Am I missing a link/page here 
? Thanks!

On 8/18/15 6:31 PM, Ole Jacobsen wrote:
>> _______________________________________________
>> 94attendees mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/94attendees

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 16:07:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015, Massimiliano Pala wrote:

> Hi Ole, all,
> 
> thanks for the reply - I saw that e-mail.. but that does not say much about
> what to do.. :) I hoped we got some new information by now.. but still nothing
> new about the status of the overflow hotels.
> 
> I will ask the question on the recentattendees ML to see if there are other
> news.. and to re-iterate the request that news will be posted also to this ML.
> 
> Thanks,
> Max
> 
> November" - where is the link to the JTB ? Am I missing a link/page here ?
> Thanks!
> 

You are not missing any information or links. The JTB link will be up 
as soon as possible (perhaps today perhaps tomorrow), and, yes, I am
sure Ray will announce it here as well.

Ole

---

From: "Pat (Patricia) Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 20:31:37 +0000

The Yokohama overflow hotel reservations are open.

There are some odd quirks about the site.
The field for a second line of address is required - so even if your street address fits on one line, you have to put something there.

The country pull down list is in a very strange order - like things were alphabetized based on an alternate name. Hitting U brings you first to the A's (United Arab Emirates), then to the G's (United Kingdom of Great Britain) and finally to the U's where United States of America appears (but alphabetized to the position of USA). Samoa is between W and Y and South Africa is between Yemen and Zambia.

Pat

From: 94attendees [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Massimiliano Pala
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:03 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [94attendees] Meeting Venue Updates ?

Hi Ole, all,

thanks for the reply - I saw that e-mail.. but that does not say much about what to do.. :) I hoped we got some new information by now.. but still nothing new about the status of the overflow hotels.

I will ask the question on the recentattendees ML to see if there are other news.. and to re-iterate the request that news will be posted also to this ML.

Thanks,
Max

P.S.: "JTB current system only permits reservations from 31 October to 7
November" - where is the link to the JTB ? Am I missing a link/page here ? Thanks!
On 8/18/15 6:31 PM, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

Max,

list, here it is:

>From [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> Mon Aug 17 13:57:45 2015

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>

All;

1.  "Headquarters Hotel"

and airline contracts.

2.  Overflow Hotels

nights.

3. Alternative Hotels

  http://www.hotels.com/

  http://www.trivago.com/

  https://www.airbnb.com/

Ray

Hi all,

current status ?

Cheers,

Max

94attendees mailing list

[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Naeem Khademi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 20:38:57 +0000

On Aug 20, 2015, at 10:31 PM, Pat (Patricia) Thaler <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

and if you happen to forget your password (doesn’t allow special characters btw), and want to reset it, when typing in the new password for 2nd time in the new password form, it always returns “password don’t match” making it basically impossible to access your account and to see your booking.

Naeem

The field for a second line of address is required – so even if your street address fits on one line, you have to put something there.
The country pull down list is in a very strange order – like things were alphabetized based on an alternate name. Hitting U brings you first to the A’s (United Arab Emirates), then to the G’s (United Kingdom of Great Britain) and finally to the U’s where United States of America appears (but alphabetized to the position of USA). Samoa is between W and Y and South Africa is between Yemen and Zambia.

Pat

From: 94attendees [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Massimiliano Pala
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:03 PM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [94attendees] Meeting Venue Updates ?

Hi Ole, all,

Thanks,
Max

Max,

All;

1.  "Headquarters Hotel”

and airline contracts.

2.  Overflow Hotels

nights.

3. Alternative Hotels

  http://www.hotels.com/

  http://www.trivago.com/

  https://www.airbnb.com/

Ray

Hi all,

current status ?

Cheers,

Max

94attendees mailing list

---

From: Zhaoyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 20:43:12 +0000

The first line of address requests for building name which is optional. The real address starts from the second line. I just left the first line empty and it works.

Yi

From: 94attendees [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Pat (Patricia) Thaler
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2015 3:32 PM
To: Massimiliano Pala; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [94attendees] Meeting Venue Updates ?

Pat

Hi Ole, all,

Thanks,
Max

Max,

All;

1.  "Headquarters Hotel"

and airline contracts.

2.  Overflow Hotels

nights.

3. Alternative Hotels

  http://www.hotels.com/

  http://www.trivago.com/

  https://www.airbnb.com/

Ray

Hi all,

current status ?

Cheers,

Max

94attendees mailing list