Subject: [95attendees] Iguazu falls side trip

From: sam rack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 18:00:44 -0700

Hello,
I am wondering if it is possible to do a 2 day/1 night side trip to Iguazu falls from BA.? There are plenty of flights every day. If anybody has done this trip before or has planned it, I am really interested to know following,
a) What are my travel choices from city to the falls and forth.b) Is it better stay in the city or near the national parkc) Any particular hotel recommendation.d) There are two airline serving the city of Iguazu, are they all same or I should prefer one over another.
I always wanted to visit the Falls, so I would love to hear your suggestions.

---

From: Miguel Ignacio Estrada <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:42:35 -0300

a) What are my travel choices from city to the falls and forth.
Arrange a taxi with the concierge. You have a hotel inside the falls park

b) Is it better stay in the city or near the national park
the city has nothing to do besides a couple restaurant, i would recommend a hostel in the jungle as La Cantera for example

c) Any particular hotel recommendation.
http://www.hotellacanteraiguazu.com/mb/

d) There are two airline serving the city of Iguazu, are they all same or I should prefer one over another.
I think they are the same

--
Nacho Estrada | @acmuzic

> On 24 mar 2016, at 10:00 p.m., sam rack <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I am wondering if it is possible to do a 2 day/1 night side trip to Iguazu falls from BA.? There are plenty of flights every day. 
> If anybody has done this trip before or has planned it, I am really interested to know following,
> 
> a) What are my travel choices from city to the falls and forth.
> b) Is it better stay in the city or near the national park
> c) Any particular hotel recommendation.
> d) There are two airline serving the city of Iguazu, are they all same or I should prefer one over another.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 95attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/95attendees

---

From: "Peter Yee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 10:09:30 -0700

Sam,

                I'm doing this trip after the IETF meeting.  As you note,
flights are pretty easy.

1)      Taxis and buses are available from Puerto Iguazu.  I'll probably be
using a taxi.  Your hotel may be able to arrange a driver who will wait for
you as well while you tour the park.  That doesn't seem to be a lot more
expensive than just using a regular taxi.  NB, if you go over to the Brazil
side of the park, you will need a Brazilian visa (USD 160 for US citizens).
You can arrange such a visa in Buenos Aires with a bit of preplanning (make
an appointment now, assemble the paperwork, do the online bits).  Much
quicker than doing it in the US too.

2)      I'm staying at the Hotel Mercure Iru Iguazu in the city (but on the
outskirts of the city and surrounded by jungle).  Cheaper than staying at
the Sheraton in the park or the Hotel das Cataratas in the Brazil side of
the park, by far.

3)      I used TripAdvisor reviews to determine that the Mercure was
probably a good choice for me.  It's not close enough to town that you'll
have a lot of restaurant choices, however.

4)      Aerolinas Argentinas is what I'm taking.  There's a cheaper,
federally subsidized airline from what I've read, but I couldn't figure out
how to book it easily, whereas Orbitz could handle Aerolinas Argentinas.
At USD 175 roundtrip, it's not that expensive either.

If you "collect" countries visited, Paraguay can be easily reached from Foz
do Iguacu, Brazil.  That too will officially require a visa ($160), so
consider if it is worth it.  Collecting Uruguay from Buenos Aires, on the
other hand, should be just the cost of the ferry ride.

                                                -Peter

From: 95attendees [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of sam
rack
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [95attendees] Iguazu falls side trip

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to do a 2 day/1 night side trip to Iguazu
falls from BA.? There are plenty of flights every day. 

If anybody has done this trip before or has planned it, I am really
interested to know following,

d) There are two airline serving the city of Iguazu, are they all same or I
should prefer one over another.

I always wanted to visit the Falls, so I would love to hear your
suggestions.