Subject: [95attendees] Hilton Outlets

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 16:09:22 -0500

If anyone has already arrived at the Hilton, can you describe what sort 
of electrical outlets are actually in your room?

Thanks!

Ben.

---

From: "Cristian F. Perez Monte" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 18:58:33 -0300

Hi Ben,
Generally, i can find electric outlet with norm "IRAM 2063" and "IRAM
2073". Hilton should have them.
http://www.cablesyfichas.com/fichas_y_enchufes_internacionales.htm

Regards,

Cristian

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Ben Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If anyone has already arrived at the Hilton, can you describe what sort of
> electrical outlets are actually in your room?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ben.
>
> _______________________________________________
> 95attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/95attendees
>

---

From: David C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 18:03:02 -0400

> of electrical outlets are actually in your room?

Apologies for the duplicate, but in case anyone comes looking at this
one instead of Randy's older "power mains" one:

The Hilton rooms have both Argentinian Type I outlets (two diagonal
flat blades above a vertical flat blade) as well as "universal" power
outlets which take at least US/JP type A/B (two vertical blades with
optional ground pin) and European Type C/E/F (two pin).  UK Type G
won't fit the ground pin.  Various other types also seem unlikely, but
I didn't take measurements.

There is a universal outlet both at the desk and in the bathroom.

Also the general room and bathroom lights only work if you leave your
key in the slot by the door.  The desk outlets work regardless of
whether the key is in the slot.

---

From: David C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:39:12 -0400

The lobby bar has quite a lot of outlets in the floor, pretty much
right in the main walkways.  They're all Type I.

A quick exploration of the meeting area showed that the wall outlets
were all Type I as well, but the couple of power strips I saw plugged
into them were (extended) universal.  The NOCC will have to chime in
as to what strips they're using.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:32:23 -0300

> as to what strips they're using.

as i said a week+ ago, the hotel, not the noc, deploys the meeting room
power.  and we are not sure what they will actually deploy.

randy