Subject: [95attendees] [Tourist Tips] Music (and Food) in Bs As

From: Renzo Navas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:05:06 +0100

Hi!

Some musical tips in Buenos Aires,

If you like classical music, or architecture, visiting the Teatro
Colón is something to do

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teatro_Col%C3%B3n
* http://www.teatrocolon.org.ar/en/calendario/2016-04
* Tikets: https://www.tuentrada.com/colon/Online/default.asp

You can also do a guided visit "Visitas Guiadas", to know the place,
but its from 10 am to 5pm (The ticket says 19hs, but the information
on the page says until 17hs.. odd).

Centro Cultural Kirncher, is a new place -not far away from hilton-
also with an astonishing concert room, you can visit it too (for
free): https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.culturalkirchner.gob.ar%2Fwww%2F548%2F22595%2Fvisitas-guiadas.html&edit-text=&act=url

Then for Tango, I would recommend going to "La viruta" either to
listen some live music or to learn some basic Tango and have fun:
http://lavirutatango.com/english_version/

That zone ( 1366, Armenia street, Palermo neigborhood ) is pub
friendly so its good to go for something to eat + drink.

The neigborhood of San Telmo is well known for tango too. San Telmo
(and La Boca) zones can be dangerous at nigh, just be careful at
night, try to take a cab. There is a popular cellphone appication
(I've never used it, but seen people do and seems to work fine) to ask
for a taxi from your cellphone:

EasyTaxi:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.easytaxi&hl=en
(iOS and Windows phone too)

To find a place to eat/drink, the locals use Guia Oleo (more than tripadvisor):

http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/

You will have to try the "Asado" (barbecue), or steaks, and the
Chorizo/Choripan (Sausage), If you read on the menu something called
"Molleja" (or "Chinchulin".. cheaper) Try it!.

"Empanadas" is a tipical food, comes in different flavours, Meat
empanadas, goes well with red wine (Malbec).

Also the Pizza with tons of mozzarella is something to try. Local
popular Beer "Quilmes" its not so good -it's light-, but Its worth a
try.

Cheers!

Renzo

---

From: Juan Janczuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:39:27 -0300

Centro Cultural Kirchner was closed, around 2015's end, or early 2016.
Regards.

> Centro Cultural Kirncher, is a new place -not far away from hilton-> also with an astonishing concert room, you can visit it too (for> free): https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.culturalkirchner.gob.ar%2Fwww%2F548%2F22595%2Fvisitas-guiadas.html&edit-text=&act=url

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:05:06 +0100
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [95attendees] [Tourist Tips] Music (and Food) in Bs As
> 
> Hi!
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 95attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/95attendees