Subject: [97all] IETF 97 Grab-and-Go and Korean Cultural Videos

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 18:10:31 -0800

IETF 97
Seoul, South Korea
November 13-18, 2016
Host: Huawei
Co-Hosts: KISA and CNNIC

IETF 97 Information: http://ietf.org/meeting/97/index.html
Register online at: http://ietf.org/meeting/register.html

1.  Monday Grab-and-Go
2.  Korean Cultural Video Screening

1. Monday Grab-and-Go:
	The IETF has arranged for a grab-and-go lunch in the Grand Ballroom Foyer (level 3).
	Depending on the popularity of the grab-and-go it is possible this will be available 
	on other days. They will accept cash and credit cards. The menu is below:
	
Smoked Salmon Croissant - KRW 7,000
Ham and Cheese Sandwich - KRW 8,000
Crab Cake Sandwich - KRW 9,500
Spicy Shrimp Burger - KRW 8,500
Squid Salad - KRW 7,000
Spicy Shrimp Salad - KRW 7,000
Chicken Salad - KRW 7,000
Corn and Bean Salad - KRW 6,000
Hot Dog - KRW 7,000
Sodas - KRW 3,000

2. Korean Cultural Video Screening:

	Today during the lunch break, the Korean Spirit and
	Culture Promotion Project will present some brief films on
	various aspects of Korean culture and history. If you are
	interested in learning something about the history of Korea, 
	please join us.

	Location: Grand Ballroom 1, 3rd floor 
        Time: 12:30-13:15
	
	Details: Lunch is not provided but you can purchase food
	(“grab-and-go”) in the foyer directly outside the meeting room. The
	IETF lunch break starts at noon, so you have 30 minutes to get
	something to eat before the films begin.

	Films:

	1. Korean Alphabet “Hangul” – (11mins) Korean alphabet Hangul
	was invented by King Sejong, whose motivation was one of
	compassion to make it possible for everyone in his kingdom to
	read and write. Hangul is considered to be the most scientific
	and efficient alphabet by linguistics worldwide.

	2. Astronomy (16min) Astronomy is the world's oldest academic
	discipline, and its history in Korea is as old as the country
	itself. We can trace this history in the detailed star maps of
	the Dolmen, and in the elegant symbolism of Chum-seong-dae
	observatory. Korea's legacy in this field bears testament to the
	country's deep reverence for the Heavens.

	3.  Tripitaka Koreana (13th century AD)- 13mins The most
	comprehensive collection of Buddha's teachings, Tripitaka Koreana
	was made using a total of 81,258 woodblocks, which would take
	over 30 years to read. Remarkably, there are no known errors in
	the carvings of over 50 million characters, and it remains a
	unique landmark in the history of printing.