Subject: [99attendees] PechaKucha presenters for Prague?

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 18:09:56 -0400

This is a poll for folks who are interested in presenting at a 
PechaKucha in Prague.  The number of folks presenting has declined 
slightly and I’m contemplating whether holding a session at every IETF 
meeting is too frequent.  If I don’t hear from enough folks we’ll 
wait until Singapore to do the next one.  In other words, if you want to 
give a talk, please send me a note ASAP.

Standard invitation and background info below.

Thanks!

—aaron

____

A Pecha Kucha is a lightning-talk presentation format, originating in 
Japan, where a speaker presents 20 image-only slides that are each on 
the screen for 20 seconds and advance automatically.  With each talk 
lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of forcing presentations -- good or 
bad -- to be focused and brief.  This is an unofficial event. Topics are 
encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or controversial in some 
way, although not mean-spirited.  Anyone can participate in this social 
event.  Video from the Berlin, Seoul, and Chicago PKs can be found 
[here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).

Format Details:

* Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first served.
* To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to 
[email-masked] and receive confirmation.
* Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20 slides, 
primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 seconds).
* There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make a 
good Pecha Kucha.  Here are a few: [[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)], 
[[2](http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html)], 
[[3](https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/)].

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:42:40 -0400

I’ve heard from three people, which isn’t sufficient.  Unless a few 
more people show interest, I’m canceling for Prague.

—aaron

On 21 Jun 2017, at 18:09, Aaron Falk wrote:

> slightly and I’m contemplating whether holding a session at every 
> IETF meeting is too frequent.  If I don’t hear from enough folks 
> we’ll wait until Singapore to do the next one.  In other words, if 
> you want to give a talk, please send me a note ASAP.
>
> lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of forcing presentations -- good 
> or bad -- to be focused and brief.  This is an unofficial event. 
> Topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or 
> controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited.  Anyone can 
> participate in this social event.  Video from the Berlin, Seoul, and 
> Chicago PKs can be found [here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).
>
> Format Details:
>
> * Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20 
> slides, primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 
> seconds).