Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] Dan's AD notes for September 2008

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:46:34 +0200

Please do not see these as a complete report, but rather as a working
space for my part of the area.

Please let me know if you find this useful and keep me honest by asking
questions and especially reminding me on action items I may be slow in
answering and filling in the details that I may have missed or gotten
wrong. 

Thanks and regards,

Dan

IESG and other AD issues

- response to an appeal by Todd Glassey
- preparing for the BOF requests with the IESG and IAB - no requests
from OPS this time
- preparing for the v4v6coexistence interim - attended by Ron
- DISCUSS on draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib - still pending, waiting for a
response from authors/shepherd
- DISCUSS on draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes based on feedback and
discussions on the MIB-Doctors list - still pending, changes in the I-D
seem to be agreed, Juergen Quittek talked about a revised i-D 'this week
on 9/18, but it did not show up until now, two other ADs support the
DISCUSS in their COMMENTs. 
- individual submission  draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation -
approved and sent to the RFC Editor Queue
- DISCUSS and COMMENT on draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns based on
DNS-DIR review by Peter Koch, still waiting for Revised ID, one other AD
supported the DISCUSS in his comment
- individual submission draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01 in IESG review -
DISCUSSes by Chris Newman and Mark Townsley, ABSTAINs by David Ward and
Cullen Jennings based on extensibility and process issues - waiting for
agreed input from Hannes and document editor with recommendation on how
to solve the problems raised in the DISCUSS and one more review from
Bernard Aboba
- DISCUSS on L2VPN rechartering proposal because of unclear scope of
work related to OAM - change agreed with Mark Townsley

GENERAL Area Issues

- open calls scheduling - one session, no requests
- submitted final Dublin OPSAREA Open meeting minutes for procedures

Working Groups

ADSLMIB

- draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-06 reviewed, waiting for response from
editors and shepherd

CAPWAP

- draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification and
draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211 revised I-D published, sent
to IESG review, deferred for October, but a number of issues were
already raised by other ADs and are now discussed by the editor and
shepherds. 
- draft-ietf-capwap-dhc-ac-option sent to IESG reviewed, discussed in
the 9/28 telechat, in AD Follow-up to solve issues raised by Jari Arkko
- draft-ietf-capwap-threat-analysis approved by the IESG and sent to the
RFC Editor Queue
- MIB documents discussed on the WG list, and by authors with MIB
advisors

DIME 

- AD review of draft-ietf-dime-qos-parameters - Revised ID needed -
still waiting for new ID
- AD review of draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated - passed IETF Last Call,
will be placed on the IESG agenda for the telechat on 10/23
- issues related to draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01- dealt with Brian
Carpenter's GenART comments and with comments from ADs during IESG
review, need to accelerate the approval and submission to the IESG of
rfc3588bis - still waiting for this to make faster progress
- draft-ietf-dime-diameter-api-07.txt - Revised ID needed following IETF
Last Call comments

IMSS

- draft-ietf-imss-fc-fcsp-mib published as RFC
- last call to shut down WG will be issued soon

IPCDN

- draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess is in RFC Editor queue

IPFIX

- four documents in RRFC Editor Queue, all stuck because of dependency
on psamp-info. I sent two messages to the IPFIX chairs asking them to
revise whether the Normative References are absolutely needed, but I
received no answers.  

NETCONF 

- draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation approved with IESG and
Abstract notes, following discussions on the list
- NETCONF over TLS in WGLC 

NETMOD 

- preparing for Interim Meeting scheduled for October 8-10
- following up with APPS Ads the chairs request to have nominated a
technical advisor with knowledge of RelaxNG and experience in data
modeling - still pending
- Web pages to provide info on motivation - still pending

OPSAWG 

- sent contributor comments to
draft-ietf-opsawg-operations-and-management
- sent proposal for SNMP error codes optimization to WG for assessment
as possible WG item
- commented on first versions of 'OAM acronym soup' -
draft-andersson-mpls-tp-oam-def in works

PMOL

- no activity

PSAMP

- trying to progress psamp-info which is sticking in RFC Editor Queue
four ipfix and three psamp documents. I sent two messages to the IPFIX
and PSAMP chairs asking them to revise whether the Normative References
are absolutely needed, but I received no answers.  

RADEXT

- sent new Tunnel Types I-D to WG for consideration as WG item
- watching discussions on crypto-agility and RADIUS Design Guidelines
- reviewed draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization, revised ID needed
- received draft-ietf-radext-design (BCP), in AD review queue

AAA-Doctors

- no reviews received during September - wondering if everything is
perfect

MIB-Doctors

- sent IEEE P802.1ap in Sponsor Ballot for review - no feedback
- sent charter proposal for transfer of Ethernet MIBs work to the IEEE
802.3 
- forwarded request for early review of BFD MIB -
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bfd-mib-05.txt - still no
answer
- forces MIB discussions - with support from Bert and John Flick

DNS-DIR

- monthly meeting

Other 

- expert review for ifType name  ifType name FSAN Gigabit-capable PON
interface - to be answered
- participate in OGF SCRM-WG meeting
- ITU-T JCA call

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors