Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-10.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 07:54:46 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech
-09.txt

Technical summary:

        The document defines extensions to the SDP offer/answer model to
enable file transfer as part of SDP-negotiated multimedia sessions.  It
also specifies using MSRP for the actual file transmission.

    Working Group summary:

        The MMUSIC WG has firm consenses on publishing this document as
Proposed Standard.

    Document quality:

        The document is considered ready for publication.

    An early interoperability test of independent implementations from
various major vendors on an image sharing specification (which uses the
file transfer I-D as a basis) took place already in 2007 under the
auspices of the GSM Association.
The interop event provided useful input for this and other
specifications.

    Personnel:

        The document shepherd is Joerg Ott, the responsible AD is Cullen
Jennings.

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors