Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-09.txt to Informational RFC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:39:57 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-09.txt

Technical Summary

This document provides a threat analysis and derives the security
requirements when using the Transport Stream, TS, to support an Internet
network-layer using the Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation
(ULE) defined in RFC4326. The document also provides the motivation for
link-layer security for a ULE Stream. A ULE Stream may be used to send
IPv4 packets, IPv6 packets, and other Protocol Data Units (PDUs) to an
arbitrarily large number of Receivers supporting unicast and/or
multicast transmission.

Working Group Summary

This document builds on RFC 4326, and identifies a set of
security-related topics that impact IP operation over a range of
broadcast links supporting IP.

Document Quality

The IPDVB WG has reached consensus that this document is ready for
publication as an informational RFC. This document does not define a
protocol or new mechanism.RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors