Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization-06.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:57:50 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-management-authori
zation-06.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies RADIUS attributes for authorization and service
provisioning of Network Access Server (NAS) management.
Both local and remote management are supported, with granular access
rights and management privileges. Specific provisions are made for
remote management via framed management protocols, and for specification
of a protected transport protocol. 

Working Group Summary

There have been 2 WGLCs on the document. Much of the discussion on the
document has centered around the model for provisioning of protected
transports, as well as the different remote administration mechanisms
(secure and insecure) to be supported. There has also been discussion of
the relationship between Framed Management (introduced in this draft)
and the pseudo-TTY management model supported in RFC 2865.

Document Quality

The document was reviewed by the Juergen Schenwaelder for the ISMS WG
and by Vijay Gurbani for Gen-ART. 

Personnel

Bernard Aboba is the PROTO-shepherd, and Dan Romascanu is the
responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors