Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-korhonen-mip4-service-07.txt to Informational RFC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 09:26:39 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-korhonen-mip4-service-05.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes a Service Selection extension for both
conventional Mobile IPv4 and Proxy Mobile IPv4 that is intended to
assist home agents to make a specific service selection for the mobility
service subscription during the binding update procedure. The service
selection may affect home agent routing decisions, Qos and policy
treatment of service related IP flows in the home agent and also Home
Address assignment policies.

Working Group Summary

This document is an individual submission. The document was presented in
MIP4 WG meetings. The document was proposed to be a WG work item.
However, the decision of adoption as a WG work item got postponed due
time schedule challenges with the current MIP4 WG charter and
dependencies with external Standardization Development Organizations.

Document Quality

There are no publicly known implementations yet. There is certain level
of interest from 3GPP Release-8 Evolved Packet Core work. The document
has been used in 3GPP TS 24.304 as a part of their MIP4 based trusted
non-3GPP access interworking solution.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko.

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors