Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm-05.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:38:33 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm-0
5.txt

Technical Summary

   RFC 4279 and RFC 4785 describe pre-shared key cipher suites for
   Transport Layer Security (TLS).  However, all those cipher suites
   use SHA-1 as their MAC algorithm.  This document describes a set of
   pre-shared key cipher suites for TLS which uses stronger digest
   algorithms (i.e., SHA-256 or SHA-384) and another set which uses
   the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in Galois Counter Mode
   (GCM).

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
   Working Group. The document represents the consensus of the TLS
   working group.

Document Quality

   There are no existing implementations, but working group
   members have shown interest in the document.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Joe Salowey. The responsible area
   director is Pasi Eronen.

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors