Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-hoffman-dac-vbr-05.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:07:08 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-dac-vbr-04.txt

Technical Summary

  Vouch By Reference (VBR) is a protocol for adding third-party
  certification to email.  It permits independent third parties to
  certify the owner of a domain name that is associated with received
  mail.  VBR may be performed anywhere along the email transit path, by
  any capable receiving module, either within the handling service or by
  end-user software.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.

Protocol Quality

  VBR has already been implemented in at least one SMTP server product,
  and pre-release implementations have been made by other developers.
  None have reported any technical issues with implementing it.

  The documents were reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors