Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-04.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 07:53:44 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-0
4.txt

          Technical Summary

This document defines a new report block type within the framework of
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR).  One of the initial
XR report block types is the Loss Run Length Encoding (RLE) Report
Block.  This report conveys the information regarding the individual
Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) packet receipt and loss events
experienced during the RTCP interval preceding the transmission of the
report.  The new report, which is referred to as the Post-repair Loss
RLE Report, carries the information regarding the remaining lost packets
after all loss-repair methods are applied.  By comparing the RTP packet
receipts/losses before and after the loss repair is completed, one can
determine the effectiveness of the loss-repair methods in an aggregated
fashion.  This document also defines the signaling of the Post-repair
Loss RLE Report in the Session Description Protocol (SDP).  

Working Group Summary
 
The document has been reviewed by the AVT working group to ensure
consistency with RTCP XR.

            Document Quality

There are implementations of RTCP-XR and this draft adds a new report
type.
The document was reviewed by Alan Clark and Geoff Hunt, both have been
involved with the RTCP-XR work. 

          Personnel

Roni Even is the document shepherd.

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors