Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-07.txt toInformational RFC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 07:52:10 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-0
7.txt

Technical Summary

In order to deploy a residential telephone service at very large scale
across different domains, it is necessary for trusted elements owned by
different service providers to exchange trusted information that conveys
customer-specific information and expectations about the parties
involved in the call.  This document describes private extensions to the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [RFC3261] for supporting the exchange
of customer information and billing information between trusted entities
in the PacketCable Distributed Call Signaling Architecture.  These
extensions provide mechanisms for access network coordination to prevent
theft of service, customer originated trace of harassing calls, support
for operator services and emergency services, and support for various
other regulatory issues.  The use of the extensions is only applicable
within closed administrative domains, or among federations of
administrative domains with previously agreed-upon policies where
coordination of charging and other functions is required.

Working Group Summary

  None

Document Quality

   This is a minor update to RFC 3603 which is a P-Header. 

Personnel

   Proto Document Shepherd is Mary Barnes. Expert Review
   was done by Miguel A. Garcia. 

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors