Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-l2tpext-tdm-06.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:39:32 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-tdm-06.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes transport of TDM bit-streams over the Layer Two
Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3). It describes extensions of L2TPv3
for the setup and maintenance of structure-agnostic and structure-aware
TDM Pseudowires, to transport TDM bit-streams over an IP network.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Document Quality

The l2tpext WG has reviewed this document. All concerns raised during
review and last call have been addressed.

Yaakov Stein performed a very detailed review during WGLC, with the
conclusion that "this ID looks ready for publication" at
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/l2tpext/current/msg01182.html>.

This document defines an application of L2TPv3 to transport another type
of traffic, and is consistent with corresponding PWE3 documents.

Carlos Pignataro is the WG shepherd for this document.

RFC Editor Note

 Section 4., paragraph 12:
 EXPLANATION: Adding Error code of zero.

 OLD:

      1. EC-TBD-1 - Bit Rate values disagree.
      2. EC-TBD-2 - Different trunk types in the case of trunk-
         specific CESoPSN with CAS
      3. EC-TBD-3 - Requested payload size too big or too small.
      4. EC-TBD-4 - RTP header cannot be generated.
      5. EC-TBD-5 - Requested timestamp clock frequency cannot be
         generated

 NEW:

 |              0 - No TDM PW parameter error
      1. EC-TBD-1 - Bit Rate values disagree.
      2. EC-TBD-2 - Different trunk types in the case of trunk-
         specific CESoPSN with CAS
      3. EC-TBD-3 - Requested payload size too big or too small.
      4. EC-TBD-4 - RTP header cannot be generated.
      5. EC-TBD-5 - Requested timestamp clock frequency cannot be
         generated

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors