Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-05.txt toProposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 09:23:21 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framew
ork-05.txt

Technical summary.

Proxy servers play a central role as an intermediary in the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) as they define and impact policies on call
routing, rendezvous, and other call features.  This document specifies a
framework for SIP session policies that provides a standard mechanism by
which a proxy can define or influence policies on sessions, such as the
codecs or media types to be used.  It defines a model, an overall
architecture and new protocol mechanisms for session policies.

Working group summary.

There is consensus in the working group to publish this document. The
early stimulus for this work came from discussions at the joint
IETF/3GPP workshop held in San Francisco in January 2003.

Document Quality

There has been no indication of implementation.

Personnel

The document shepherd for this document is Keith Drage. The responsible
Area Director is Cullen Jennings.

RFC Editor Note

  TBD

IRTF Note

  None

IESG Note

  None

IANA Note

  None

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors