Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-and-sc-reqs-06.txt to Informational RFC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:39:35 +0100

-----Original Message-----

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-and-sc-reqs-06.t
xt

Technical Summary

   From a Carrier perspective, the possibility of turning a Permanent
   Connection (PC) into a Soft Permanent Connection (SPC) and vice
   versa, without actually affecting Data Plane traffic being carried
   over it, is a valuable option.  In other terms, such operation can be
   seen as a way of transferring the ownership and control of an
   existing and in-use Data Plane connection between the Management
   Plane and the Control Plane, leaving its Data Plane state untouched.

   This informational document sets out the requirements for such  
   procedures within a Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching 
   (GMPLS) network.

Working Group Summary

   There were no problems with consensus for this document.

   In the early stages there were some very strong opinions about the
   value of this work. Some vendors and operators did not believe that
   the function would be useful in the networks they build. However,
   over time, other vendors and operators strongly supported the
   function, and since it is described as an optional function in
   equipment and deployment, the working group did not object to this
   work proceeding. See proto writeup by Deborah Brungard. 

Document Quality

   This is a requirements specification, and cannot be implemented. 
   Note that work is already in progress within the CCAMP working group
   to develop protocol solutions.

Personnel

   Deborah Brungard is the Document Shepherd for this document. Ross
   Callon is the Responsible Area Director. There are no IANA
   actions for this document. 

RFC Editor Note

    Please move the "Conventions used in this document" to be at the
    end of section 1 (introduction), as section 1.1.

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors