Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf-08.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 20:54:38 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf-07.txt

Technical Summary

   Several protocols have been specified in the Routing Area of the IETF
   using a common variant of the Backus-Naur Form (BNF) of representing
   message syntax. However, there is no formal definition of this
   version of BNF.

   This document provides a formal definition of the variant of BNF that
   has been used (that we call Reduced BNF), and makes it available for
   use by new protocols.

Working Group Summary

   This is an individual submission with AD sponsorship. It was   
   presented to the routing area open meeting. A couple of people
   questioned whether this was needed at all, but no one objected
   to the content. The IETF last call was flagged to the CCAMP, 
   MPLS, PCE and TSVWG WGs, and to the routing-discussion email list. 

Document Quality

   Multiple existing routing area specifications use the subset
   of BNF defined in this document. 

Personnel

   Ross Callon is the sponsoring AD. Adrian Farrel is the author, 
   and has been shepherding this document through the various reviews. 

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 12:37:34 -0800

08 was uploaded this morning...

and makes substantial changes that improve the clarify of section 2.2.4
including a change in requirements in note 2

Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPS-DIR mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-dir
>