Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-10.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:29:22 +0200

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-opt
imization-10.txt

Technical Summary

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a network component,
   application, or node that is capable of performing path computations
   at the request of Path Computation Clients (PCCs). When computing
   or re-optimizing the routes of a set of TE LSPs
   through a network it may be advantageous to perform bulk path
   computations in order to avoid blocking problems and to achieve more
   optimal network-wide solutions.  Such bulk optimization is termed
   Global Concurrent Optimization (GCO).  A GCO is able to
   simultaneously consider the entire topology of the network and the
   complete set of existing TE LSPs, and their respective constraints,
   and look to optimize or re-optimize the entire network to satisfy all
   constraints for all TE LSPs.  A GCO may also be applied to some
   subset of the TE LSPs in a network.  The GCO application is primarily
   a Network Management System (NMS) solution.

   This document provides application-specific requirements and the PCEP
   extensions in support of GCO applications.

Working Group Summary

   The WG has good consensus with no disputes or disagreements.
   Concerns over the impact of this work on network stability (as
   a result of "churn") have been addressed with suitable text 
   added to describe the concerns and advise the operator about
   the associated risk (see PROTO writeup by Adrian Farrel).

Document Quality

   There are two known implementations of the protocol extensions 
   described in this document. The document has been updated in
   response to comments from WG discussions and IETF last call, as 
   well as Gen-Art review and in response to IANA questions. 

Personnel

   Adrian Farrel is the Document Shepherd for this document. Ross
   Callon is the Responsible Area Director.  

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)