Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-channel-bindings-06.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 20:07:48 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-channel-bin
dings-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document clarifies and generalizes the Generic Security
   Services Application Programming Interface (GSS-API) "channel
   bindings" facility, and imposes requirements on future GSS-API
   mechanisms and programming language bindings of the GSS-API.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the kitten working group.  The
   working group discussions were uneventful.

Document Quality

   There are no current implementations that we are aware of.  However,
   with the recent publication on channel binding usage, RFC5056, it is
   expected that this guidance will help foster such interest with
vendors.

Personnel

   Shawn M. Emery <[email-masked]> is the document
   shepherd for this document.  Tim Polk has reviewed this document
   for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)