Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter MIPv4 questions

From: Thomas Panagiotis-PTHOMAS1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:50:42 -0500

Hi Pat,

In a MIPv4 scenario, the Auth-Lifetime value MUST be communicated to 
the MN, so that it knows when to re-register. How is this done?
Is it via the registration lifetime (Lifetime field in the 
Registration Reply header), or via the registration keys' lifetime
(Lifetime field in the "Unsolicited MN-FA/HA Key Material From AAA" 
subtype)?

Also, is the absence/presence of the MN-AAA Authentication subtype,
the trigger at the FA to decide if the message should go directly
to HA or via the AAA infrastructure?

Thanks,

-Panos

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:21:31 -0700

> (Lifetime field in the "Unsolicited MN-FA/HA Key Material From AAA" 

reg lifetime in reg reply.

> to HA or via the AAA infrastructure?

correct, and the FA has the option to reject the reg req if the MN-AAA
is missing, and it believes it needs to be present. The mobile would then
have to re-issue a reg req.

PatC