Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 158: DSA error codes (III)

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 07:50:07 -0700

I've made the following changes to the text to address this issue:

   When a conforming implementation receives a Diameter message which
   contains encrypted AVPs within a CMS EnvelopedData, the
   recipient MUST check to see if it is on the list of recipients
   specified in the RecipientInfos of the EnvelopedData. If not, the
   recipient MAY choose to process the message or return an answer with
   the Result-Code AVP set to DIAMETER_NO_DSA_RECIPIENT. If
   the recipient is in the RecipientInfos and an error occurs during
   decryption, then the recipient MUST answer with the Result-Code set
   to DIAMETER_DSA_DECRYPTION_FAILED.

and added the error codes:

      DIAMETER_DSA_DECRYPTION_FAILED     5023
         A Diameter message was received with encrypted data, and the decryption
         process was unsuccessful.

      DIAMETER_NO_DSA_RECIPIENT          5024
         A Diameter message was received with encrypted data, and the local 
         Diameter node is not a potential recipient of the EnvelopedData.

Thanks,

PatC