Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 172: The need for Float128?

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 08:13:30 -0700

This AVP type was added by the data type folks since it exists in other
protocols, and we were attempting to simply reuse what is already defined
out there. If the WG agrees to delete this type, I'm ok with it, but I 
really hate to re-open the whole data type can of worms :(

PatC

---

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:54:18 +0200

I agree that we should not re-open the whole data type discussion again, but
I'm still in favor for removing float 128 since it's not supported by many
of the common hardware platforms and compilators.

/Fredrik

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
>Pat Calhoun
>Sent: den 15 september 2001 17:14
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 172: The need for Float128?
>
>