Subject: [AAA-WG]: [issue] CMS-Cert in AVP occurrence table

From: Miguel Ángel Monjas Llorente <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 16:18:57 +0200

Submitter name: Miguel A. Monjas
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: 2001-09-06
Reference: 
Document: CMS-02
Comment type: E-T
Priority: S
Section: 8.0
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

a) When issuing a DSA-Request, a digital signature (by means of a
CMS-Signed-Data AVP) may be included. If so, an appropriate CMS-Cert
must be included (unless the certificate is included within the
SignedData estructure).

b) In a DSA-Answer, I understand that the digital signature can be
verified by means of the certificates in the AAA-Server-Certs, so that
a CMS-Cert isn't necessary

Requested change: 

a) Replace the row in the AVP occurrence table regarding CMS-Cert

                                 +-----------------------+
                                 |      Command-Code     |
                                 |-----+-----+-----+-----+
   Attribute Name                | DSAR| DSAA| PDSR| PDSA|
   ------------------------------|-----+-----+-----+-----+
   CMS-Cert                      | 0-1 | 0   | 0   | 0   |

b) Clarify if a CMS-Cert is necessary in a DSAA or if it's superseded
by a certificate present in AAA-Server-Cert

BTW, shouldn't be present Key-Hash AVP in the AVP occurrence table?

Regards

  // M.A.

-- 
  Miguel Angel Monjas Llorente
  Systems Engineer, GSM/UMTS Systems Management
  Ericsson España, S.A. (EEM) UMTS/GSM Databases
  Tel: +34 91 3393605                 Mob: +34 629 570196
  <mailto:[email-masked]>  Fax: +34 91 3392538
  Retama 1, 4th. 28045 Madrid - SPAIN -