Subject: [AAA-WG]: Acct-Application-Id

From: "Harri Hakala (LMF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:42:56 +0200

Hi,

I would like to know is it possible to use Diameter Accounting commands 
without any application specified by Diameter Base protocol.

I just would like to add a few vendor specific AVPs and use the standard
Diameter accounting commands.
Or should I create a new vendor specific diameter application to be able to
specify the Acct-Application-Id ?

Regards...Harri Hakala

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:15:41 +0300

>I would like to know is it possible to use Diameter
>Accounting commands without any application specified
>by Diameter Base protocol.

You can define either standard or private application
identifiers, as described in section 11.3. A private
application identifier would belong either to a vendor,
or possibly another standards organization. So, you
can do this and use Diameter to transport accounting
data without an application RFC.

Having said that, it might be a good idea anyway to
have e.g. an Informational RFC that describes your
application. The advantage of this would be that then
you'd be able to say what extra/special AVPs are
necessary in your case etc.

Jari

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:47:58 -0700

vendor specific acct-appl-id is required.

PatC