Subject: [Ace] Announcement: new raza-ace-cbor-certificates version submitted

From: Joel Höglund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 09:27:03 +0200

Hi!

(Apologies for cross-posting to people who also follow the core list.)

We have just submitted a revised version of raza-ace-cbor-certificates. We
have clarified why our profiling together with the cbor encoding allows us
to reduce certificate sizes more than any general compression mechanism. In
addition we have opened up for allowing different public key and signature
algorithms, where we propose the use of COSE identifiers for efficient
encoding. Finally we propose to register this mechanism as one of the
compression algorithms in the registry defined in
ietf-tls-certificate-compression.

We look forward to further comments, input and discussions!

Best Regards

Joel Höglund, RISE SICS

---

From: Thomas Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 13:12:58 +0100

Thank you for the new version of your draft.

The only feedback I have to provide is please reconsider the description 
of "cbor-iot" within the IANA Considerations. Whilst IoT may be this 
WG's focus, it's not the only use case for this encoding scheme.

Regards

On 25/06/2019 17:27, Joel Höglund wrote:
> We have just submitted a revised version of raza-ace-cbor-certificates. 
> We have clarified why our profiling together with the cbor encoding 
> allows us to reduce certificate sizes more than any general compression 
> mechanism. In addition we have opened up for allowing different public 
> key and signature algorithms, where we propose the use of COSE 
> identifiers for efficient encoding. Finally we propose to register this 
> mechanism as one of the compression algorithms in the registry defined 
> in ietf-tls-certificate-compression.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ace mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace
>