Subject: [Ace] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-ace-coap-est-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 09:20:55 -0800

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ace-coap-est-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-coap-est/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for this well written document. And thank you for addressing my points in github.

A remaining comment (which might or might not have been resolved):

5.1.  Discovery and URIs

   Clients and servers MUST support the short resource EST-coaps URIs.

Just to clarify: the original EST URIs are prohibited in COAP-EST?

---

From: "Panos Kampanakis (pkampana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 17:32:02 +0000

Hi Alexey, 

> Just to clarify: the original EST URIs are prohibited in COAP-EST?

No we don't forbid them in the draft. We do not make them MTI either though.
The long URIs can be supported and they would be a non-default EST-coaps
resource that a server could support and a client could do resource
discovery for. So we did not add text to say "MUST NOT implement the long
URIs". The mandatory to implement/support EST-coaps URIs are the short URIs
for EST-coaps though. 

Panos

-----Original Message-----
From: Ace <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Alexey Melnikov via
Datatracker
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2020 12:21 PM
To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Ace] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-ace-coap-est-17:
(with COMMENT)

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Thank you for this well written document. And thank you for addressing my
points in github.

5.1.  Discovery and URIs

_______________________________________________
Ace mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace

---

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 17:37:38 +0000

Hi Panos,

> URIs". The mandatory to implement/support EST-coaps URIs are the short URIs

After the followup discussion, I was thinking more about adding something along the lines of "MAY implement the long URIs". But this comment is non blocking and I am sure you will do the right thing.

Best Regards,
Alexey

> Attachments:
> * smime.p7s