Subject: [Ace] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize-12.txt> (Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Profile for Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 06:37:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments WG (ace) to consider the following document: -
'Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Profile for Authentication
   and Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE)'
  <draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-20. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a profile of the ACE framework that allows
   constrained servers to delegate client authentication and
   authorization.  The protocol relies on DTLS version 1.2 for
   communication security between entities in a constrained network
   using either raw public keys or pre-shared keys.  A resource-
   constrained server can use this protocol to delegate management of
   authorization information to a trusted host with less severe
   limitations regarding processing power and memory.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3112/