Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-03.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 12:49:30 +0200

Hello ACE,

We have submitted an updated version of
draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-03

The document describes a profile of ACE where client and server
communicate with Group OSCORE. This supports fine-grained access control
in group communication environments, where different group members have
different access rights to the resources of the servers in the group.

This version builds on the major update of v -02, with the profile now
focused on Group OSCORE as only security protocol, and further adds:

1) Clearer motivation in the introduction, with access control to the
secure group communication channel (addressed in [1]) separated from
access control to the resources of the servers in the group (addressed
in this document).

2) Achievement of proof-of-possession discussed for both the group mode
and the pairwise mode of Group OSCORE.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-key-groupcomm-oscore

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-03.txt
Date: 	Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:23:52 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>, Rikard Hoeglund
<[email-masked]>, Francesca Palombini
<[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile
Revision: 03
Title: Group OSCORE Profile of the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments Framework
Document date: 2020-07-13
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 53
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-03
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-03

Abstract:
This document specifies a profile for the Authentication and
Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) framework. The
profile uses Group OSCORE to provide communication security between a
Client and a (set of) Resource Server(s) as members of an OSCORE
Group. The profile securely binds an OAuth 2.0 Access Token with the
public key of the Client associated to the signing private key used
in the OSCORE group. The profile uses Group OSCORE to achieve server
authentication, as well as proof-of-possession for the Client public
key. Also, it provides proof of Client's membership to the correct
OSCORE group, by binding the Access Token to information from the
Group OSCORE Security Context, thus allowing the Resource Server(s)
to verify the Client's membership upon receiving a message protected
with Group OSCORE from the Client.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat