Subject: [Ace] Charter discussion

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:47:58 -0400

Hi,

I would like to start the charter discussion. Here is a draft of a proposed
charter [1].

It seems to be that additional discussion is needed with regard to the last
paragraph related certificate management. In particular the discussion
might revive a discussion that happened in 2017 [2] - when I was not
co-chair of ACE -and considered other expired work such as [3]. Please make
this discussion constructive on this thread.

The fundamental question is whether we need certificate management at this
stage. If the answer is yes, and we have multiple proposals, it would be
good to clarify the position of the different proposals and evaluate
whether a selection is needed or not before validating the charter.

Please provide your inputs on the mailing list before October 30. Of course
for minor edits, you may suggest them directly on the google doc.

Yours,
Daniel

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RtxUSvUeBdZWoQkjSj2c3DtR8DuBwPM2BnBXhoDiptY/edit?usp=sharing

[2]
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-interim-2017-ace-03-201710191300/
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-selander-ace-eals/

-- 
Daniel Migault
Ericsson