Subject: [Ace] Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-38: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 03:06:32 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-38: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 1, paragraph 3, comment:
>    of processing capabilities, available memory, etc.  For web
>    applications on constrained nodes, this specification RECOMMENDS the
>    use of the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) [RFC7252] as
>    replacement for HTTP.

Since the rest of this section is pretty careful in explaining that there is a
capability spectrum for IoT devices, I was surprised about this broad
recommendation against HTTP (which is also repeated elsewhere in the text.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments below are very minor change suggestions that you may choose to
incorporate in some way (or ignore), as you see fit. There is no need to let me
know what you did with these suggestions.

Stewart Bryant's Gen-ART review
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/gen-art/04lPOKG404s-LNfVm40ZE8s-Wig/)
contained some nits that I wanted to make sure you were aware of.

"Table of Contents", paragraph 1, nit:
> Table of Contents

Some sections don't use title case.

Section 4, paragraph 9, nit:
-    In Bluetooth Low Energy, for example, advertisements are broadcasted
-                                                                      --
+    In Bluetooth Low Energy, for example, advertisements are broadcast

Section 5.3, paragraph 15, nit:
-    freshness nevetheless, the RS has included a "cnonce" parameter (see
+    freshness nevertheless, the RS has included a "cnonce" parameter (see
+                  +

"Appendix E.", paragraph 33, nit:
-       as playload the Access Information, including the access token and
-           -
+       as payload the Access Information, including the access token and