Subject: [Ace] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-aif-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 06:29:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An Authorization Information Format (AIF) for ACE
        Author          : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ace-aif-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2022-01-28

Abstract:
   Constrained Devices as they are used in the "Internet of Things" need
   security.  One important element of this security is that devices in
   the Internet of Things need to be able to decide which operations
   requested of them should be considered authorized, need to ascertain
   that the authorization to request the operation does apply to the
   actual requester, and need to ascertain that other devices they place
   requests on are the ones they intended.

   To transfer detailed authorization information from an authorization
   manager (such as an ACE-OAuth Authorization Server) to a device, a
   compact representation format is needed.  This document provides a
   suggestion for such a format, the Authorization Information Format
   (AIF).  AIF is defined both as a general structure that can be used
   for many different applications and as a specific refinement that
   describes REST resources (potentially dynamically created) and the
   permissions on them.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-aif/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-ace-aif-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-aif-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 15:57:16 +0100

This version is pretty much identical to the previous one, with one significant change:

After discussion with the WG chairs, and a look at 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-aif/referencedby/

it seemed more natural to put this on the standards track right away instead of going through the downref procedure three times...

I’m sure the WG chairs will post soon how we are going to handle this change; officially, of course, the document has left the WG already and is now in the hands of the AD.

(I also fixed two typos and added the venue boilerplate.
You will see a lot more changes because the last version was submitted before the <tt> flag day semantic change in xml2rfc.)

Grüße, Carsten

> On 2022-01-28, at 15:29, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 09:59:34 -0500

Hi,

Please find an update of the aif draft that is resulting from post WGLC
discussion with co-author and our AD. The only (real) change is the change
of the status from informational to standard. What raised our attention is
that it led to downgraded reference in other drafts and reconsidering the
status and standard status seemed to us more appropriate.

If anyone has any issue with that please let us know  by Feb. 4.

Yours,
Daniel

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 9:29 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ace mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace
>

-- 
Daniel Migault
Ericsson