Subject: [Acme] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-acme-03.txt

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 19:27:05 -0400

FYI, I have posted a new version of draft-barnes-acme, just *barely*
within the I-D deadline :)

I recommend *not* reading the diff for this one -- it's nearly as long
as the document itself.  While the broad outlines of the protocol are
basically the same as when we discussed it in Dallas, the Let's
Encrypt team contributed a lot of lessons learned that have made
things more robust.

Looking forward to some good discussion in Prague, but of course,
please don't hold your comments until then!

Thanks,
--Richard

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 7:23 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-acme-03.txt
To: James Kasten <[email-masked]>, Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>,
Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-barnes-acme-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Richard Barnes and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-barnes-acme
Revision:       03
Title:          Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)
Document date:  2015-07-06
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          56
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-acme-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barnes-acme/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-acme-03
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-barnes-acme-03

Abstract:
   Certificates in the Web's X.509 PKI (PKIX) are used for a number of
   purposes, the most significant of which is the authentication of
   domain names.  Thus, certificate authorities in the Web PKI are
   trusted to verify that an applicant for a certificate legitimately
   represents the domain name(s) in the certificate.  Today, this
   verification is done through a collection of ad hoc mechanisms.  This
   document describes a protocol that a certificate authority (CA) and
   an applicant can use to automate the process of verification and
   certificate issuance.  The protocol also provides facilities for
   other certificate management functions, such as certificate
   revocation.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat