Subject: [Acme] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-acme-caa-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:09:29 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-acme-caa-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-caa/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for addressing my Discuss (and Comment!) points!

While adding the discussion of  the privacy considerations of publishing account URLs
suffices to clear my discuss point, I will mention that if we wanted to obscure or anonymize
the published information relating to specific account, there are pretty standard ways to
do so and I'm happy to talk about it if that's desired.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 14:32:35 -0400

I note (and thanks for the heads-up, Ben) that there's new ABNF in
Section 4 of this version.  I have a DISCUSS-level question on it.

The ABNF allows for the value of "validationmethods" to be empty, but
the first paragraph of Section 4 says, "The value of this parameter,
if specified, MUST be a comma-separated string of validation method
labels," which implies that it can't be empty.

Which is intended?  If it's mean to be allowed to be empty, please
change the text to make that clear.  If not, then please remove the
square-brackets on the ABNF for "value"; that will make it require at
least one label.

Thanks,
Barry

---

From: Hugo Landau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 21:52:40 +0100

> square-brackets on the ABNF for "value"; that will make it require at
By "string of validation method labels", I meant zero or more. I'll
amend it to clarify this.

---

From: Hugo Landau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 21:55:51 +0100

> amend it to clarify this.
Pushed to repo [1]. I'll push a new I-D in an hour or two barring any
objections.

[1] https://github.com/ietf-wg-acme/acme-caa/commit/283efb4a76eaccf320243e1f395a211dd8737472

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 17:40:37 -0400

Perfect; thanks, Hugo.

Barry

---

From: Hugo Landau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 23:52:20 +0100

> Barry
New I-D posted.