Subject: [Acme] I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-star-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 13:21:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Support for Short-Term, Automatically-Renewed (STAR) Certificates in Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME)
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Diego Lopez
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          Antonio Agustin Pastor Perales
                          Thomas Fossati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-star-06.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-07-01

Abstract:
   Public-key certificates need to be revoked when they are compromised,
   that is, when the associated private key is exposed to an
   unauthorized entity.  However the revocation process is often
   unreliable.  An alternative to revocation is issuing a sequence of
   certificates, each with a short validity period, and terminating this
   sequence upon compromise.  This memo proposes an ACME extension to
   enable the issuance of short-term and automatically renewed (STAR)
   X.509 certificates.

   [RFC Editor: please remove before publication]

   While the draft is being developed, the editor's version can be found
   at https://github.com/yaronf/I-D/tree/master/STAR.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-star/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-star-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-acme-star-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-star-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/