Subject: [Acme] Last Call: <draft-ietf-acme-star-06.txt> (Support for Short-Term, Automatically-Renewed (STAR) Certificates in Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:47:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Automated Certificate Management
Environment WG (acme) to consider the following document: - 'Support for
Short-Term, Automatically-Renewed (STAR) Certificates in
   Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME)'
  <draft-ietf-acme-star-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Public-key certificates need to be revoked when they are compromised,
   that is, when the associated private key is exposed to an
   unauthorized entity.  However the revocation process is often
   unreliable.  An alternative to revocation is issuing a sequence of
   certificates, each with a short validity period, and terminating this
   sequence upon compromise.  This memo proposes an ACME extension to
   enable the issuance of short-term and automatically renewed (STAR)
   X.509 certificates.

   [RFC Editor: please remove before publication]

   While the draft is being developed, the editor's version can be found
   at https://github.com/yaronf/I-D/tree/master/STAR.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-star/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-star/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.