Subject: [Add] Malware quickly adopting DoH

From: Bret Jordan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 19:21:47 +0200

Just making sure people here have seen this.

https://www.proofpoint.com/us/threat-insight/post/psixbot-now-using-google-dns-over-https-and-possible-new-sexploitation-module

Bret 

Sent from my Commodore 128D

PGP Fingerprint: 63B4 FC53 680A 6B7D 1447  F2C0 74F8 ACAE 7415 0050

---

From: Alec Muffett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:29:15 +0100

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019, 22:16 Bret Jordan, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Just making sure people here have seen this..
>
>

One can only wonder how rapidly they adopted HTTPS to evade the "content
fingerprinting" of anti-malware in the late 90s and early 2000s, and how
the adoption curves compare?

Similarly for adopting Tor, also, of course.

And WebRTC and Skype.

Not to mention those clever malware authors who hardcode IP addresses -
that was a tremendous innovation in cyber badware.

Or were you suggesting that "innovation happens and bad people adopt it as
well as good" somehow constitutes and argument towards some end?

-a